Lictors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lictors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Lictors

I really wanna take a lictor, or more to the point a death leaper into battle with me, can someone who uses them please tell me the most effective way of using them. Im mainly thinking of what synapse they use, what round they DS and do they have a synapse creature rush forward just to ensure the lictors covered.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Well, I never really use synapse for lictors unless they are already down there. I first identify the best targets first (imperial commanders, ethereals, and tanks are good targets). Then I figure in where my lictor will get the best cover save along with the closest place so that I have a fall back position if you decide you have to hit and run.
    Last edited by Warrior47; September 19th, 2006 at 02:40.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lictors are not bad at all to take,
    1 or 2 is what you would have, of course it all depends on the size of the game.
    Lictors are great vs those annoying armies that sit on the table edge and just shoot.
    They are not so useful vs armies that don’t do this sort of thing.
    Lictors come in reserve, and that means randomly from turn 2 onwards, The terrain on the table is what the lictor only can drop into, so the more terrain the better, it also helps to be close to the victim because a lictor can still charge on the turn it deepstrikes.
    The Targets that lictors have great success with are heavy weapon squads which will have few models to begin with and are not equipped to cc, thus the lictor will already be ahead.
    Targets include: Space marine equivalent Devastator squads, any Tue or Guard equivalent unit, and the back armour of many tanks.
    The size of the unit doesn’t matter so long as it doesn’t have the counter attack Special rule.
    The Lictor should be able to kill 1-2 important heavy weapon troopers and the like, if the unit is still too large for the lictor to handle, the option to hit and run is a valuable skill, just fall back into the terrain to get a healthy cover save and assault next turn, if things look aok then stay in cc to close down the deadly fire.
    Synapse is not much of a worry because you don’t have to test for it on the turn the lictor come down, and following turn the test will be taking with the highest Ld in the game, so no worries there.
    Lictors are great, but only vs certain opponents and their tactics, I have bought 3 and don’t use them till I get to 3000pts because I have other more dangerous things I want to add, but if you want them because you like the look of them or you don’t want to be boring and would like to have a bit of diversity.
    Then they maybe just the ticket
    AJ out

They are coming for us, flesh and blood body and soul....
    Last edited by AJ Tyrant; September 18th, 2006 at 16:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

thanks, thats pretty much sorted out all my worries! I didnt realise the ld test wasnt needed for the first turn! Just one more question, ive really only got enough points to spare for 1 lictor (see my army list on the other board) Will 1 be effective enough or should i really be taking two?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

One more thing, watch out when hitting marines (SM or CSM) because of their high WS, S and save. The save is the biggest trouble for the lictor to deal with as whenyou hit them, they still get it and when they strike back, because they will likely hit and wound, you'll have a hard time saving it.

Another thing, just to clarify, you CAN'T NOMINATE WHEN YOU DS! Its based on dice and so is random.
    I know AJ said this but thought I would say it again...

As to whether you take two or not, really depends on who you play against. That said, two is usually very effective so is probably a winner.
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x1)

Alot of people look to send them down into the enemy deployment zone at the first available opportunity, this is not neccessarily the best thing to do. I know for a fact every time someone has done that to me I just kill it, either with shooting cos it cant get close, cos I hold the terrain, or in combat with a power weapon and normal attacks due to its bad save when not in cover.

A far better option is to have it arrive at the same time as the rest of your force at the point where you make combat, that way you maximise the effect of the feeder tendrils, and you get synapse as well, two things that can be very nasty indeed. How you do this will depend alot on the mission and table so I can give you much more than that.

But food for thought.
    Army most recently finished (well kinda): Space Wolves
    Last Project completed: Converted Aegis Defence Lascannon
    Next Project: Long Fang Diaorama

+ Reply to Thread