Help PLZ!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help PLZ!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help PLZ!!

OK I have a friend how plays a nocron army. No matter what I play I can never beat him can I plz get some advise??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x1)

G'day,

Well I use nids now and I had one of the best necron armies down under in 04, so if you post up your list and his list I might be able to make some suggestions.

Without seeing either list the 3 key areas I see for you are

1. Be in assault
    2. Dont be 12-18 inches away from warriors
    3. Make him phase out

As I said post up some more info and I will see what I can suggest.
    Army most recently finished (well kinda): Space Wolves
    Last Project completed: Converted Aegis Defence Lascannon
    Next Project: Long Fang Diaorama

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Get some 2+ save TMC and you will give him a head ache that he will have a hard time curing. My preference would deffinatly be the HT with Warp field, 2 TL dev, and wings. This bad boy will put a ton of shots into warrior or any other unit before he charges. Also if you go for a pyschic choir (3 zoanthropes with pyschic scream and a HT with it) they will get -4 to their Ld thus easier to sweeping advance them with their pitfull 2I. Genestealers are also nice but necrons generally have a crap load of Ap4 weapons so not always the best since they can die so easily.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x2)

Let me see his list and your list. after that i can tell you how to effectively show him the fury of the swarm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a big fan of the Shooty Carnifex, Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, and Enh. Senses. Any of these hits that wound and his necrons stay down for the count, unless ress orb close.

Also, a bit pricey and harder to play, but raveners with rending class and a very possible first turn assault make for great necron killers.

The fly Tyrant with TL Devourers is also a great method to put down some necrons, you will put down at least 3 from shooting in this method, then assault and probly put down 2-3 more, and with TMC rules, you will outnumber pretty easily from that point on.

Destroyers are the worst thing in his army for you, I give a destroy squad top priority for killing. They have to go! I usually put a large brood of gaunts with fleshborers and a 3 man squad of warriors equipped with TL deathspitters after these guys. He will shoot the dog out of all of it, but with gaunts and warriors both counted up, this will be fewer points then his destroyers cost him.

If he runs a monolith, don't worry bout it unless he is pulling his troops out of close combat on you, then you probly have to give it some priority, cause double "we'll be back" sux, not to mention them leaving the close combat and being in rapid fire range.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x2)

Disregard what bhood said. nids are naturally born cc machine, not shooters. i would recomend using tyrand,broodlord, cc fex, stealers witha meatshield in front of them. he'll use the monolith to call make troops which is bad 4 u. when the get called back you have 2 options, have boi acid spore there waiting for them or have a broodlord wit stealers waiting for them,....your call

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeweaver
    Disregard what bhood said.
    To stop any flame-wars just waiting to happen...

Bladeweaver, there will be no "disregarding" what anyone says here. The starter of the thread asked for help, and received it from bhood. You don't have any right in telling anyone to disregard what he said, especially because it is sound advice. I, for one, know how dangerous Tyranid shooting can be - just because you don't use it, doesn't mean it isn't sound advice.

I recommend that you don't tell anyone to disregard anything in the future, and leave that choice for the people wanting the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Not to mention that text speak is against forum rules - 4 = for u = you.

I've actually tried a shooty TCM heavy list against crons and it really wasn't very pretty. He really struggled. Pie plates all over the place.
    Bhood is spot on in his analysis I say. People underestimate nids' shooting ability at their own financial risk.

Victimise the destroyers, then mop up. Just to repeat what Bhood said, ignore any 'liths and go straight for phase out.

Lictor's advise about Extended Carapace on TCMs is also probably more valuable than my weight in gold.

Good luck
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid shooting is VASTLY underated a gun fev like Bhood described is greatly superior to any dreadnaught for purposes of a heavy weapon platform. come on
    2! S10 36" and
    1 S8 36" large blast!?

thats 3 chances to eliminate a vehicle a turn. tho yes the VC only glances thoes 3 weapons will average you 1.5 hits (aprox) a turn

i have used the gun fex to great success against necrons due to the instakill effect the necrons cant get back up from thoes hits

also id say against necrons the best way is to go for the phase out win by eliminating thier foot troops and do your best to get out of the way of the necrons heavy weapons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

agreed. My shooting nids simply mop the floor with marines and necrons. If you know how to use them right, you can outshoot tau and eldar any given day.

And yes, we can also hack most any army in CC if we're tooled that way too.

Depends on your playstyle.

For me, 3 bioacid SMC, 2 gun fex, 3 zoes, lots of warriors with BS and DS, and some flesh gaunts always get it done for me.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

+ Reply to Thread