A Nidzilla tale, day 1 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Nidzilla tale, day 1

Nidzilla journal, day 1

It all started when the 2 ed Codex came out (1993-1994). I started playing nids, remember getting the first Carnifex with my petty cash! 12 years later, still in the hobby, drifted from Chaos to IG to Marine to Space Wolves. Then, after so many games of playing with one of the best Canadian player, playing a really good chaos list with Daemon Prince, Oblit, Bloodletter, Defiler, Raider, Berserkers and the like. I got tired of being outgunned and outfighted in game. As much as we like, fighting a Daemon prince with 4 wounds, 3+/5+ save, feel no paint, that can move 6’’, fleet d6 and charge 12’’ with 6 monstrous attack, is painful. That thing outmaneuver us, outfight us and required 14.4 Marine power fist attack or 21.6 Marine lascannon shots. Sure, you can try your luck with the Vindi, but you are heavy and he is HQ, guess who will deploy to avoid who J. Anyhow, after getting bore/tired/pissed of the wonderful chaos codex, I had a stroke of light! (Eureka). Or should I say Nidzilla!. So, I made the decision to create a 1700 pts Nidzilla list genetically designed to gave chaos some of it own medicine! After research and statistic ( I m a engineer working in Aerospace), it came to my attention that Nidzilla is nasty, very very nasty. There is also not much on the web in regard to Tactica, hint on how to play it. It a fairly new list, that may be one of the reason why. So, this post will basically be the evolution of that list, from day 1 to the game were I will introduce the Nidzilla list to the Canadian Chaos God. My gaming group is not aware of that endeavor. My plan is to achieve total surprise! I m playing the bored player, moving on to Warmachine and sick of 40K. Which is partially true (Khador here I come). But in the meantime, the plan is:

How to have a fully table top painted Nidzilla list ASAP

The constrains:

- Time to paint (6 hours a week with luck). Girlfriend, kid, job, part time MBA, friend and such make time the hardest part of the deal.
    - Cash, GW products are expensive for what they are. You feel sick when you compare them to Privateer Press product.
    - Secrecy. The nids needs to achieve total surprise. My gaming group will learn about them when I pull them out of the carrying case for game 1.

Solution:

- Time: Well, cut the computer gaming (bye bye World of Addiction, sorry Warcraft). I will only game with friend in a Lan setting. Other then that, I should be allright. Babysitting the little one is fun now (plug her on a movie and get those brush out). Also, how to paint Nid fast. Here is what I found, I shoot them in white primer, 3 thin layers of scab red on the scale, claws. Drybrush with a mix of red and white (avoiding pink tone). Then, the skin is painted Catachan green. Drybrush with Camo Green. Correct the model with Red Gore. The eye and teeth in white. Et voila. Nope. Not yet. That would be a decent table top standard, but were the magic kick in is dipping. I got some wood varnish (Canadian tire). Dip the whole nid once, shake shake shake. Wait 24 hours. Another dip, shake, shake, shake. Wait 8 hours then a two layers of Testor Dullcoat. You get a very nice fig, without the shine of the dip and the dullcoat + almost dry wax makes for some cool Nid effect (* la Nurgle). This go fast, protect the figs and look good. I ll post some pictures later on.
    - Cash, that easy, I spoke with my local gaming store, I asked if they could match the price of the Internet retailer (Great Canadian Mini). They did! So, I have the figs at 30% off retails (crazy) price.
    - Secrecy, that also easy.

So far, I got my seconds Ravener almost completed, will start the third one tonight.

The list will be:

Tyrant
    Enhanced Sense
    2 Devourer
    Toxin

Tyrant
    Enhanced Sense
    2 Devourer
    Toxin

Red Terror

3 Ravener
    Rending
    Devourer

Fex
    Enhanced Sense
    2 Devourer

Fex
    Enhanced Sense
    2 Devourer

Fex
    Enhanced Sense
    2 Devourer

6 Genestealer
    Carapace

6 Genestealer
    Carapace

Fex
    Enhanced Sense
    Barbed Stranglers
    Venom Cannon
    Chitin
    Carapace
    Exo
    Adrenal
    Mace Tail
    Toxin

Fex
    Enhanced Sense
    Barbed Stranglers
    Venom Cannon
    Chitin
    Carapace
    Exo
    Adrenal
    Mace Tail
    Toxin

3 Zoanthropes
    Warp Blast

More to come as I move along, target date is be ready for Christmas!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x1)

G'day,

Here is a link to a thread I put up recently.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=79181 (Nid painting diary)

I did a very similar think, no one knew I was doing nids, let alone the big bug list and I achieved total surprise at a tourney with them as a result.

My list was 1750, and I had alot more models so I think you should be able to achieve the goal you have set yourself. Have you decided on a theme/colour scheme as yet???? One think I found was that the big bugs were actually very quick to paint, the carnifex in particular.

Well good luck I will look to see the updates.
    Army most recently finished (well kinda): Space Wolves
    Last Project completed: Converted Aegis Defence Lascannon
    Next Project: Long Fang Diaorama

+ Reply to Thread