tourney help ! :D - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tourney help ! :D

Hey guys! I'm back after a long break ... (damn those MMOs). And i'm happy to see that the site is up again. There's a tourney at the end of october coming and it would be a big one, i was wondering what could i use ... I'll be fighting Necrons (these and the tau are my worst enemy) , Tau,IG,CSM,BT,13th company,Eldar(alaitoc ... another nightmare).

I tried today a "test" list with some units. The list was :

HQ

Hive Tyrant - 2xTL Devs, Toxin Sacs, ES,Wings,WF,Flesh Hooks (those were because i diddn't knew on what to spend 4 points ) 200

Elites

2xDakafexes - 228 (with FH)
    1xScreemerkiller -112 (with FH)

Troops

6xHyperRippers
    -Leaping
    -ES
    -TS
    -FH
    -Spine fists
    ______

2x16 Hormies - 320

2x8 Stealers - 320 (with EC)

HS

3xZoans with WB/Synapse - 195
    Total 1500

I played today against necrons.... total humiliation!! (for me *sob*)
    i killed some of his scarab swarms and .... 3 or 4 necron warriors and imobilised his Monolith.
    The HT diddn't do much he got stuck in combat, that was my fault ... but the Dakkafexes disappointed me, they couldn't kill any of the damned necrons. The Hormagaunts were shot to death by his army until i reached his ranks and the stealers well.. one squad was left only with 2 guys and the other one with 6. I reached his ranks with the stealers (the 6 squad) and i managed to kill 1 with rending and another 2 because he failed his WBB ( a miracle actually ... he 98% of the times get his WBB, and 3 of 4 dices are most of the times 5s -.- .... but that's his luck). The zoans ,as usual diddn't do much, they shot the lith, but after 2 perils of the warp i got a crew stunned ... yay for me =)) the SK and the Dakka fex were shot my his Destroyers and died rather quickly... Any hints would be apreciated. (i diddn't had any problems with the synapse... )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

And let me guess, those 21 point rippers accomplished nothing! Now I really am a big fan of rippers, those little guys are so cool. But in competitive play, like a tourney, you would do much better with 6 more genestealer's.

Your Hive Tyrant looks pretty darn good. I prefer 2 sets of scything talons, but yours is the next-best thing, I think. Don't quote me on this, but do monstrous creature attacks negate WBB rolls? If so, then ST's would have done a lot better.

I've never used a carnifex before, but I bet your screamerkiller didn't reach cc until late in the game. I don't know what to suggest about it, I just don't really like fexes. I think just more hormies or genestealer's could have gotten there quicker, and done better.

Let's see... your rippers. First off, why did you give them leaping AND spinefists? Those two abilities kind of contradict each other. But it doesn't matter - you should swap them out for some more rending genestealer's, definitely.

Besides that, your hormies, genestealers, and ZT's look fine.

I think your big mistake was trying to outshoot necrons. Genestealers are practically purpose-built for necrons. Hormies do really well, too, striking first and all. Basically, necrons are garbage in cc. Except for those wraith thingies - they are scary-looking. They remind me of Silent Hill. That movie scared the crap out of me.
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shivers* silent hill .. uhh .. )
    the rippers and the 3 fexes were for testing only. the rippers did some dmg , but not as much as i expected. The CC fex got by turn 2 in CC with the monolith ... but did almost nothing ... this whole test was for seeing what i could use in my army... I could drop the fexes and get more stealers + hormies.... but i don't know ... i need anti-tank! the zoans don't do ****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

anti tank for me means VC! Either a HT or fex with the VC and added armour. Just sit back and blast! Alternativly deep strike spore mines! Bio acid are cheap enough to take in a few clusters and with 3 + 2D6 AP they have a decent chance to take out a predator with ease. Even if you only manage to disable the weapons your points have been well spent!

I too like rippers but dont bother tooling them up. I leave them bog standard and lock up my enemies in cc, this works really well against the more dangerous squads.

As for the zoanthropes, I have exactly the same set up in my army and they have yet to kill anything! Yet still i keep taking them. wierd! I reckon they loojk great and provide synapse so are justified but i know some people prefare taking raveners instead. Never tried them but mabey worth considering.

Finally, ive come to learn that anything abe lincoln says is usually valuable, so if you ignore else, pay attention to him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, VC is one of the few anti-tank weapons ... but it can do only glancing hits! sheesh! i hate it because of that. a fex with VC/BS is ~ 188 points and i have 50% to miss with the BS (and that's alot) and (50% chance to miss with the VC, mostly 1 hit out of the 2). A Flying Hive tyrant with a VC, no way I'll drop the carnifexes and i'll try to make a list by tonight.

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Eh 21pt rippers are pretty fun to use though I don't usually recommend it. Personally leaping, ES, and SF are good enough and 5pts cheaper (also Abraham Lincoln leaping a SF are fairly good together as both are 12" range thus you get 3 shots before you charge then 4 on the charge pretty good deal if the enemy has no PF or PW).

Generally I don't think the devilfexs are supper effective against necrons for the fact of WBB. So IMO it would be better just to mass up on gunfexs (VC,BS,ES) as they can shoot at the monolith and can take out some big chunks in his phalanxes (also give him 2+ as necrons have very hard time taking these guys out).

Also a psychic choir would be very nice against necrons as giving it to all three of your zoans means they can have -3 to the Ld and all the more easier to get sweeping advances on them. Though keep em close to synapse then as well which is a downside. So take some more genestealers to destroy his warrior squads though deffinatly go for the destroyers as those things will eat through your swarms of 4+ or worse guys.

Alatioc should not be too big of a problem as long as you have enough numbers and speed. The disruption thing is very annoying and all but I have had a unit of rippers (leaping,SF,ES) just destroy his snipers as they just suck in CC. So you don't even need large squads to beat them up generally.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Correct me if im wrong but does rending take away the WBB roll or make necrons phaze out or something?

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by macewind View Post
    Correct me if im wrong but does rending take away the WBB roll or make necrons phaze out or something?
    It basically acts as a PW so if you get some rending rolls they do not get a WBB (that is unless their is a rez orb nearby which their usually is). But ya it does speed up the phase out of em.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread