Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Now that the new Eldar codex is less than a month away, I'm curious as to the expectations people have of it. What is the most anticipated change, what could you care less about?
Me, I'm excited for the new Avatar. Let that baby loose on those Daemon worshipping Mon-Keigh and show them who the real-warp spawn are...
Fire Prisms being BS4 and having focussed fire.
The new Wraithlord (not rules, the model).
Can use 1 squad of EVERY aspect warrior now.
Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
Yeah, isn't the Wraithlord supposed to be carrying a sword now?
the avatar is very vool in the new editions, 3+/4+ saves 4 attacks imune to flaming and melta weapons! every eldar within 12 inch is fearless and a 12 inch shooting melta attack :-D
the wraith lord is losing 1 attack but with his new sword he may re-roll to hit.
Last edited by Tdh6002; October 3rd, 2006 at 18:55.
A word of warning. The next time you get a strange unexplained reading on your Flagship's scanner and sensor arrays, don't dismiss it as a glitch or ghost. The Necrons are a real threat now, and they are out there, biding their time, waiting for you!
- Eldar background: Sadly I don't own 2.ed codex, the new one is rumoured to be full of backgroundâ€¦ can't wait next month to read the designers notes.
- Farseers with cool powers (cheap spirit stones, improved runes)
- Jetbikes as troops
- Dire Avengers with improved shuriken catapults
- Shining Spears
- Changed aspect warriors
- Pheonix Lords
- Warwalkers (at least they don't suffer the open-topped penalty)
- Dark Reapers: so I can start using them again.
- Improved scatter laser
- Cheaper shuriken cannons
- Customisable craftworld
- Fire Prism
- Apparently we are the masters of the cold fusion (the new strength boosted Fire Dragons).
- Loss of craftworlds
- No grenade options for guardians and avengers
- Downgrading our primery MEQ killer to stargun (now it doesn't 'deserve' the starcannon name)
- Moving Warp Spiders to fast attack section (overcrowding the fast attack choices)
- Heavy support weapons (D-cannons, Vibro cannons, Shadow Weaver) are still not very impressive.
- Loss of CTM (they give it to the 'fish' people, a clearly marketing move)
- Where are the new vehicle upgrades?
- The most advance race in the 40k universe (OK, Necrons are undisputed masters in that area but we deserve the 2 place; including our fallen kin) still can't see in the dark and uses the most short ranged weapon in the game.
- Fire Prism (marketing move, how come the fire prism gets BS4 but not the Falcon).
- Downgraded Pathfinders (I play Alaitoc)
This above all; to thine own self be true.
A fire prism or falcon with a holo-field (no change), vectored engines and spirit stones (extra armour effectively) is going to be insanely difficult to destroy.
The eldar have two units with hit and run, warp spiders, jetbikes assault move and re-deep striking swooping hawks. You'll be running most armies ragged with the ability to redeploy.
I love the possibility of leaving an enemy flank fighting thin air .But are now troops. And frankly, no one liked to play against alaitoc.- Downgraded Pathfinders (I play Alaitoc)
Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.Originally Posted by amishcellphone
What will probably happen:
In general my armies capability to wage war against MEQ forces will be replaced with the ability to horribly violate the non MEQ forces I managed well enough against already. I mean do you have any idea what the new immortal holo/vector/stone/scatter/shuri cat falcon is going to DO to Orks and Dark eldar? Take a moment and consider a squad of Ork boyz trying to advance on the new 18" range Dire Avengers.
It remains to be seen how our new anti MEQ stuff turns out and which rumors prove true.
In specific reference to my army.
My 56 guardians will commence sucking. I forsee adding mohawks to make DA's and applying a scalpel and some creativity to create fire dragons. Because I refuse to throw them away.
Farseers will commence sucking (well self destructing at least). Not quite sure what to do with them. Converted autarch?
I like having options, even if there are some 'lesser' options, â€¦ you don't know how I envy other players for having an armoury (chaos, hey not even SM is bad) and vehicle upgrade optionsâ€¦Originally Posted by Rork1. I would be happy if they would remain in the elite sectionâ€¦Originally Posted by Rork
2. Your personal experienceâ€¦Personally I have mixed feeling about our â€˜newâ€™ anti-MEQ toolsâ€¦ it seems that most of our ranged weapons will require a bucket of dices to be thrown and hoping that your opponent will fail his saveâ€¦ however, Shining Spears, Banshees, Fire Dragons, Dark Reapers seem perfect to use against them.Originally Posted by sunnysidePerhaps... the dices will tell, but I would agree that it's another nail in the seer council coffin.Originally Posted by sunnyside
This above all; to thine own self be true.
i'm SO pissed that Starcannon is turning into Heavy 2
buutt...what i'm mainly excited about are....the...
the new models are SOOOO kickazz!!!
*P.S. whats MEQ mean? *