Blasters - simple question! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blasters - simple question!

A simple question: Are balsters two-handed weapons or one?

Just trying to work out if I'd get the bonus attack for having two weapons if they were equipped on my wyches.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by guardian angel View Post
    A simple question: Are balsters two-handed weapons or one?

Just trying to work out if I'd get the bonus attack for having two weapons if they were equipped on my wyches.
    Pretty sure that they are two-handed weapons, though there isn't a 100% positive answer.. it's just implied, from what I can gather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

evem if it was a one handed weapon, coz its not a pistol, it cant be used in combat. so either way, the tropp equipt withsuch wil still have one attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

evev if it was a one handed weapon, coz its not a pistol, it cant be used in combat. so either way, the tropp equipt withsuch wil still have one attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

Actually, I believe, since 4th edition, if it was one handed, you could use it as a second CC weapon, unless whoever told me was full of it, its never really come up since everyone just uses pistols and I don't use blasters. The wych model hold it in one hand like its a pistol but the warriors hold it like a heavy weapon. I think you should just play it as a 2 handed weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Yet another reason for them to give us a new Dark Eldar Codex... not that it matters, I mean, I'm not expecting a new book until at least 2007.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenozuma View Post
    Actually, I believe, since 4th edition, if it was one handed, you could use it as a second CC weapon, unless whoever told me was full of it, its never really come up since everyone just uses pistols and I don't use blasters. The wych model hold it in one hand like its a pistol but the warriors hold it like a heavy weapon. I think you should just play it as a 2 handed weapon.
    he was definatatly full of it. you cant just use any gun as a 2nd closecombat weapon, it must be a pistol, or another one handed weapon. so, one handed or 2 handed, it wont make any didfference.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake28 View Post
    Yet another reason for them to give us a new Dark Eldar Codex... not that it matters, I mean, I'm not expecting a new book until at least 2007.

Very sadly, but I must agree with you. You got the face all wrong, describes our mood

Anyway I use blasters as one handed simply because it doesnt say anywhere that they are 2 handed, so if not why not just take advantage of it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by timk1111 View Post
    he was definatatly full of it. you cant just use any gun as a 2nd closecombat weapon, it must be a pistol, or another one handed weapon. so, one handed or 2 handed, it wont make any didfference.
    No. As Tenozuma stated, you no longer need to have a Pistol to claim the +1 attack bonus. So long as you have two one handed weapons, no matter what the weapons are, then you can claim the bonus.

It's just coincidence that most one handed shooting weapons are pistols - but not all. Just for an example, giving an Ork Slugga (normally Pistol) the More Dakka upgrade makes it assault 2. But it's still a one handed weapon, therefore still counts for the bonus.

Hand flamers of the Seraphim are another good example of this. They're technically not pistols - they're Assault weaponry.

Now, on to the original arguement -
    One could simply claim that since the Dark Eldar codex doesn't specify that the Wyches have to replace their existing weaponry, that they're still armed with their CCW and Pistol. (Have I ever mentioned that I love to open up can o' worms like that?)
    Last edited by Caluin; October 9th, 2006 at 01:59.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by WraithGuardian View Post
    Very sadly, but I must agree with you. You got the face all wrong, describes our mood

Anyway I use blasters as one handed simply because it doesnt say anywhere that they are 2 handed, so if not why not just take advantage of it?
    Heh, I'd be sad too, but this is why I also play Space Marines - never any shortage of updates.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast