Welcome to Librarium Online!
Just barely started Tau and I have two questions(sorry if it's been asked, did a search and found nothing):
1.What does the infantry multi-tracker do? It says to look at the battlesuit armoury section for rules and under multi-tracker it says the bearer can fire two battlesuit weapon systems. But I'm pretty sure a Shas'ui can't take battlesuit weapons. So does it let him fire two regular weapons if he has them (like a markerlight and a pulse rifle)?
2.Is it just hard-wired systems that don't count for the max. number of support systems or is it all wargear?
The Ten Dimensions
"I read about something like this in a book." "Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?" "...Oh yeah."-Peter and Brian Griffin
Never thought about doing it that way. But not worth the points IMO.
Mirage Arcana Podcast
The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.
1. I've got only the German Codex, but isn't the multitracker the thing that allows the unit to shoot on another model then the rest of its unit? (or else: which unit are you talking about?)
2. Everything that is not a 'weapon' or a 'support system' can be taken additionally!
So you can take a PR, a Flamer, a shield gen, AND a ejector system.
Tau: about 2000 Points
Gue'vesa (Imperial Guard in the Tau Empire): 120 Points, WIP
The purpose of an Infantry equipped Multi-Tracker is this. You can equip your Squad Commander with 2 weapons, the standard Pulse Rifle/Carbine(whatever you choose) and a Markeright. Having the Multi-Tracker allows you to in one turn fire both said weapons if you are standing still, as the ML is a heavy weapon.
Alphatier: Sure you could take those weapons and gear, but the question was Infantry related not BS related. No infantry can take a Plasma Rifle or Flamer that's designed for a Battlesuit.
Lost Nemesis: He was correct. A Hard-wired piece of equipment doesn't count towards the suit or infantry commander's Wargear except for the point cost. I could have a Shas'ui with all 4 HW Wargear as long as it doesn't go above 100 points. same with a BS commander.
Ok, seriously, I've seen several wrong replies.
1) A FW Shas'ui can take Wargear. This is from the Infantry wargear section, not the battlesuit wargear section. Many of the wargear options are the same, target lock, drone controller, etc, some are only available to battlesuits, no infantry. A Multi-tracker is not an option for infantry, and there would be no point to taking it. Please note you could get it for a Stealth suit, though there would also be no point.....unless you got it on the squad leader who had a markerlight.
2) Wepaons a support options take hardpoints, hard wired options and miscelaneous wargear do not. SO if it's under the "support" colum, or a weapon, you know you'll need a hard point for it, an example being Vectored Thrusters.
Well, I don't have the codex with me. If you can take it, it would be only for a Pulse rifle + markerlight.
1) Yes the infantry HW multi-tracker makes the model capeable og fireing both his rifle/carbine and his markerlight
2) Yes the wargear doesn't counts towards your maximum number of systems, but just remember that you may take wargear for 100 pts at max (which is nearly all wargear, if you take all the wargear it costs 133 pts)
Just one question: the codex says that one model can't pick the same item twice does that mean the you can only take one shield drone and one gun drone now??? In the old codex you could have 2 of each drone