Hammer Head's SMS - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hammer Head's SMS

I have been wondering this ever since i got my Tau army it's first Hammer head.

The SMS in the codex says it's assault 4 and the hammerhead has 2 pods. Now does this make the weapon system 4 twin-linked shots or 8 shots per weapon pod?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two pods make up ONE Smart Missile System. The Hammerhead can be armed with one, and only one, smart missile system. It will never get 8 shots, it is not twin-linked. A vehicle or battlesuit armed with the SMS gets 4 shots from it, no more, no less, no rerolling misses, no matter how much it looks like it's twin-linked.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I confirm that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well then that just bites on one end, but at least it's not broken. Thanks for teh confirmation...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not so bad, it's got longer range than the Burst cannons, and does not nead LOS, which can prove useful when playing tag with a squad with a melta. It is 10 more points, though.

I'd say 60-70% of people say the Burst cannons are prefferable. I use one of each.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you mount one Burstcannon and one SMS on the Hammerhead? or do both pods have to have teh same weapon system in it. I only ask because my Tau army is an O'Shovah army list, yeah i know i limit my choices but i like O'Shovah.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Choice is two burst cannons, or one SMS. 6 shots (that can fire at two different squads) at 18", or 4 at 24" that don't need LOS.

I feel a little like I'm reading the codex to you, man, this is all right there. Read it a little more thogoughly, no skimming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, just the way i read your last post confused me. I am used to playing my one HH only army that it never occured to me that you meantthat you use one HH with BC and another with SMS.

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Yeah you can't have both a SMS and a burst cannon. You have to choose either one SMS or two seperate burst cannons. The reasons why most says two burst cannons is:

1) most of the time you won't use your secondary weapon since your primary have a long range and is nasty

2) you'll get 6 S5 shoots instead of 4 ( I know that you'll need LOS and they have a shorter range but I'll say that they +2 shots make up for that)

3) they are 10 pts cheaper than the SMS, 10 pts you can use otherwhere in the army
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I ususally get a shot off with the secondary weapons about half the time. That is the main reason to get the SMS, you'll have a shot more often.

But yeah, mostly what he said.

+ Reply to Thread