Can the Deceiver's Grand Illusion redeploy a unit and an attached Lord? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Can the Deceiver's Grand Illusion redeploy a unit and an attached Lord?

I'm very new to Necrons (and 40k), so this question may be obvious or already answered.

The Deceiver's Grand Illusion ability says it can be used to redeploy a unit, and the 40k rulebook says an independent character can be deployed such that it is considered to have joined another unit. (In particular, it says " may specify that [the independent character] starts the game already inside a unit and place it in coherency with it."--p. 81) Does this mean that Grand Illusion can be used to redeploy both simultaneously?

My intuition about what the power would "realistically be like" (whatever that means in a fantasy world) says Yes, but a strict reading of "a unit" in the Grand Illusion description--and the fact that it does not include any reference to an attached character--makes me think No.

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements

searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

36 (x2)

I myself believe that in the same way as an asp. champion (etc) when he joins the unit he becomes part of the unit, so I would say yes he can.

However I don't use the Deceiver much.

+ Reply to Thread