nids vs nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nids vs nids

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

nids vs nids

does anyone have any tips for tyranids vs tyranids other then shoot till there all dead, cause i have three other tyranid players where i go, two of them have the battle box and the third runs a heavy genestealer list

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbed stranglers and devourers. Anti-Troop choices all the way.
    Spore mines work too.
    Nids - 1150 pts (I'm poor, dont laugh)

im too 'fexy
    im too 'fexy
    im too 'fexy for my carapace, too fexy for my carapace . . .

"Don't lie to me, Tyler! You know where liars go . . . . . they're elected President!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Agreed. Shooting works great for me.

But if you do decide to go CC, please, please, please realise that numbers are better than beefed up killing machines. Naked genestealers will manhandle 35-40pt genestealers through sheer numbers.

Warriors with barbed stranglers and devourers will chew through the troops, and dakka fex with +T will render most gaunts and hormies useless, along with standard devourers on warriors. (toxin sacs work well for the warriors devourers and barbed stranglers).

Gargoyles, lictors, and many other units that seem to see less play vs marines tend to be quite effective here.

Any particular size you'll be playing? If it's simply the battle force, that will only allow for 140pts of gaunts, 200pt of beefed up carnie, 140pts of beefed up warriors, and 300pts of beefed up genestealers. Right around 750 pts, and that's nearly maxing things out. Doesn't offer too much variety. This type list will be crushed by higher numbers in CC, and shot to death by a more shooty list.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

If your opponant has monstrous creatures dont bother putting the spore mines anywhere near them. I had an opponant walk his fex through three clusters to wipe them out as they do **** all to a fex.

Lictors are superb at taking out any zoans or biovores he might be playing.

If you have a shooty fex, dont waste shots on his fex. Take out his troops or synapse.

When setting up terrain, dont give yourself too much cover. Its far better to place a few peices on his side of the board to bottle neck his troops.

Take a broodlord and 11 ret. infiltrate to one side of the board. This will eat most of his troops and might cause him to thin out his troops more than he'd like. Especially with a unit of hormies striking from the other side and MC's charging up the middle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x1)

Implant attack and adrenal gland (I) are usually great choices.

One of the main things, is use your paper against his rock, your scissors against his paper. Kill his carnifexes with your flying hive tyrant that has implant attack, acid maw, and toxin sacs. Shoot his hormagaunts with barbed stranglers and devourers. Shoot the tyrant guard from around the walking tyrant, then charge it with genestealers. That is what you are looking to do.
    Tyranids: Hive Fleet Kohr-Ah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make sure you cover anything in the back. he's likely to have lictors.
    Nids - 1150 pts (I'm poor, dont laugh)

im too 'fexy
    im too 'fexy
    im too 'fexy for my carapace, too fexy for my carapace . . .

"Don't lie to me, Tyler! You know where liars go . . . . . they're elected President!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really really stuipd observation.....

If you read the Nid special rules, there is no mention of "friendly" broods for synapse, just "ANY tyranid brood".

So for a cheap bit of RAW, you can use your enemys synapse!!!!! And he can use yours!!!!

Fluffy reasons aside, am I incorrect?

On topic for nids v nids, 3 x bivores, 2x BS+DEV fexes, Dakka fexes, Shooty warriors (TL DEV,s are funny ~35 pts ea) Termagants etc will be great. Dont give anything EC, no need to.

If you opponent reads this and also goes shooty, it will be a LONG and slow game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Springy Nids View Post
    So for a cheap bit of RAW, you can use your enemys synapse!!!!! And he can use yours!!!!

Touché!!

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

In Tyranid vs Tyranid you really have to out manouver and out think him. Obviously AG +init is good. Any ranged anti infantry weapons will be great. 'stealers will own in CC. Use small broods of guants to screen your 'stealers from being charged. Who ever gets the charge will win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Springy Nids View Post
    Really really stuipd observation.....

If you read the Nid special rules, there is no mention of "friendly" broods for synapse, just "ANY tyranid brood".

Fluffy reasons aside, am I incorrect?

On topic for nids v nids, 3 x bivores, 2x BS+DEV fexes, Dakka fexes, Shooty warriors (TL DEV,s are funny ~35 pts ea) Termagants etc will be great. Dont give anything EC, no need to.

If you opponent reads this and also goes shooty, it will be a LONG and slow game
    That sounds good, the hive mind is one being that rules all nids. However the only reason nids would verses nids in the first place is because its looking for weaknessses in itself. This would be the same as you playing your own battle against yourself and playing both sides, hardly unbiased! If your going to attempt to try this, id agree with your opponant before the match. Personally I wouldnt allow it.

+ Reply to Thread