Special Character Friendly Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Special Character Friendly Tourney

The GW store is going to have a Special Character Tourney in which you can max out any character in the 40k codexes but still adhere to the associated codex. I was going to max out my Female DE Lord as an Archon plus wargear, does anyone have any suggestions? I;m sure there are going to be marines, chaos Prince, Necron C'Tan, etc.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use her as a Archite instead for better stats, whych weapons and a 4++ dodge save when your shadow field goes down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

4 ways to go about it.

1. - Tooled archite as much as possible (archites are just better than archons)
    2. - Tooled archite on jetbike - More mobility but lose the dodge save.
    3. - The decapitator - He isn't that powerful at all but it means you can hide for 3 turns.
    4. - Asdrubale Vect - He is hardcore, not worth the points but in a game with no points he is great, he can instant kill some characters with his lance and the disintegrators are still good, you should be able to avoid all forms of close combat with your fast vehicle movement and that means you can just pick everyone off wiith your bs6 heavy weapons, but if not, you still have a butload of power weapon attacks in combat, and people like high marshall helbrecht or other str 4 characters can't even hurt you in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

225 (x6)

I am not sure what "max out any character" means.

Does it mean you can max out special characters like Lelith with additional wargear? or you can only max out the common characters like Archons, Archites and Haemy's?

If you can max out a special character then I would take another look at the Decapitator. Yes, he isnt the most powerful but think of the possibilities of cool fluffy fun if you gave him plasma grenades, combat drugs, shadowfield, etc., You get to place him anywhere on the field, use his chameleon skin when being shot at (if the save is the same) and a shadowfield while in CC. He gets to attack first with plasma grenades (most likely) and with re-roll misses and extra attack drug effects you are bound to get a couple of "6's" to score a couple strength 6 attacks. I wonder if you give him the animus vitae would bump his strength to "4" so does this mean if he rolls a "6" on the hit that his strength doubles to "8"? How about giving the Decapitator a punisher? His strength goes to 4 so does he get to double his strenght that way too? Or how about taking the +1 strength drug and the animus would give him strength "5" so when he rolled a "6" he would do strength 10 attacks - totally knarly dude :ninja:

But I am not sure if that is what you are talking about.

If it is max an archon or archite then I dont get it, wouldn't you max them out with wargear anyway? Sorry, I dont get it.
    Last edited by KwiKwag; October 25th, 2006 at 17:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

Nah, most archons are 131-141 points, but in this, they'll end up being like 185 or something. Take anothe look at Vect though, I think he has some merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Vect would be awesome.

BS6 dissies....

*drool*

He'd be pretty much invulnerable. No-one is really fast enough to engage a raider, esp. with turbo boost, and then, as was mentioned, I think S5 is needed to even glance on 6's... with 6's to hit.... and 5 or so power-be-weaponed attacks back.

nasty.

If you can upgrade Vect... *drools more*

Drugs.... Shadow Field .. (would these work on the raider?)

Actually.... I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to upgrade Vect ('cept with the overpriced transport additions- may as well) But he doesn't really need it, IMHO.
    minimalism is the key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodean View Post
    Vect would be awesome.

BS6 dissies....

*drool*

He'd be pretty much invulnerable. No-one is really fast enough to engage a raider, esp. with turbo boost, and then, as was mentioned, I think S5 is needed to even glance on 6's... with 6's to hit.... and 5 or so power-be-weaponed attacks back.

nasty.

If you can upgrade Vect... *drools more*

Drugs.... Shadow Field .. (would these work on the raider?)

Actually.... I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to upgrade Vect ('cept with the overpriced transport additions- may as well) But he doesn't really need it, IMHO.
    i think you can... cause the raider comes with the character... hehehehe

would be pretty powerfull, ey look at my raider with 14 all around and a 2+ save versur everything... ghehehe
    A word of warning. The next time you get a strange unexplained reading on your Flagship's scanner and sensor arrays, don't dismiss it as a glitch or ghost. The Necrons are a real threat now, and they are out there, biding their time, waiting for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you can't upgrade the Vect. You have to play it as is.

My concern is someone shooting, yes I know 14 armour for shooting, at it and getting stuck. I still leaning towards an Archon with a skyboard, punisher or agonizer, SF, TH, and a couple of the Arcane Wargear.

Without the Vect or Skyboard I am really slow and can't do anything except in CC. Who are the main PsyKer characters in the other field. There was a piece of wargear that made Psykers do a test albeit one time in a game.

cheers

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

This is correct, vect is a special character ad cant be given anything apart from what he already has. besides, he is fine the way he is. The dais is practicaly unkillable anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Wargear you were talking about is the Crucible of Malediction, but it's not likely that you'll really kill a psyker with it. In a normal game I certainly wouldn't buy it, but with unlimited points you can't take too much.

+ Reply to Thread