WD:322, a new aspect - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WD:322, a new aspect

i was reading the white dwarf articles about the new eldar, and one talks about the different aspects of the path of the warrior. At the bottom of page 8t in the little white sidebar box it refers to a lesser known aspect known as the slicing orbs of zandros. is there any previous mention of them? or is GW just havin fun with us?

Space Marines are the gateway drug

If everyone makes fun of West Virginia, who does West Virginia make fun of?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Rosario View Post
    i was reading the white dwarf articles about the new eldar, and one talks about the different aspects of the path of the warrior. At the bottom of page 8t in the little white sidebar box it refers to a lesser known aspect known as the slicing orbs of zandros. is there any previous mention of them? or is GW just havin fun with us?
    Oooh, I remember hearing about these on Warseer, but I can't remember much. I think they're mainly in fluff.
    *Goes to find Kage2020, fluff master*
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Rosario View Post

They are mentioned in the second edition codex. But thats it, just mentioned as a rare aspect shrine. I had hoped the new codex would allow us to play with aspect types. Sort of like IG doctrines, deny access to Aspect Warriors, you get a few points to buy back access to them or to adapt them a bit.
    Eg, replace reapers' launchers with shuriken cannons, call the spinning disks for x pts...
    Or, Banshee masks that give (oh, whats it called?)demonic/fearsome visage instead of striking first for x pts...

That kind of thing. Then we could paint and convert all we like. Alas this is not to be. Might make a good White Dwarf/Firebase article though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read the smaal white box to.
    I was going to ask around what they were, but someone beat me to it.

I am sure that there are a lot more aspects out there.
    Surely a Craftworld that finds itself whitought a aspect to combat a certain threat would develop a special force (eg. aspect) to counter it.

About the orbs, i inmidiatly imagined them being a sort of grenade/explosive experts. Ruleswise would be them having meltabombs, and capable of throughing exploding "orbs".

Would be really cool ruleswise. IMO.

Hope it helps.
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they seem like comabt oriented psykers to me. like a close combat weapon and destructor, or something along those lines. not leader psykers but attack psykers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the Harelquins come out I am going to use them as the ''slicing orbs'' aspect... of course with the harelequin rules (rending!)... s pity my conversion skills aren't developed enough to make a good proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by elfwarden
    I am sure that there are a lot more aspects out there.
    I think I read somewhere that with each generation new aspects appear and gain more interest amongst the Eldar youth, but some of them are quickly forgotten, however the original aspects always remain.
    This above all; to thine own self be true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Piraticus View Post
    When the Harelquins come out I am going to use them as the ''slicing orbs'' aspect... of course with the harelequin rules (rending!)... s pity my conversion skills aren't developed enough to make a good proxy.
    Good thinking. I might steal this idea. I hate harlie models. Have a rep cookie...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

There are dozens, maybe even hundreds, of different Aspects, but the most common is Swooping Hawks, Dark Reapers, Striking Scorpions, Howling Banshees, Dire Avengers and Fire Dragons since they were founded by the Asuryan (ie. the Phoenix Lords) on all Craftworlds after the Fall.
    Warp Spiders and Shining Spears isn't that common but is seen a lot more on different Craftworlds than, for example, the Star Eagles or the Slicing Orbs.

Sometimes an Exarch might find in himself an urge to change. His own Aspect might not provide to him what he wants and thus he sets out to found a new Aspect Shrine. This is how such rarer Asepcts come into existance and it is a rare occasion indeed. More than often these Shrines might only exist on a single Craftworld.

+ Reply to Thread