im planning on getting a tryannid army... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im planning on getting a tryannid army...

... so can you list the guys i need for a very basic army and i will build on from that. thanx in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Ok, your gonna get lots of promting to read the other posts first, so I suggest you do that!

But to answer your question, A tyrant. With wings or guards. Plenty of stealers and lots of gaunts or hormagaunts for cannon fodder. Then build up with synapse creatures and carnifex's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

As Macewind said, please read around the forums to get a good idea. For army lists in particular - give the army list section a good long hard read.

Are you gonna doubt the guy who has Optimus Prime as his avatar? Are you insane??

Don't forget the FAQs and stickies at the top of this forum also, they're really important.

Welcome to nids. Personally, I would reccomend a battle box or two. It's a really solid balance of a lot of different units. You can buy the speicalist units like zoanthropes, lictors or raveners as you need them.

Aahh. I still remember crying as a kid when Optimus Prime....[ramble ramble ramble]
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

battalion box + gaunt box + tyrant or broodlord = as basic as you can get ... but yeah listen to prime for the greater good

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, buy a Codex unless you haven't already. Macewind, Karmoon, how could you forget to mention a codex? Forget the Tyrant for now.

The Fun Stuff:
    BattleBox
    Genestealer Box
    Broodlord
    (If you have any points left over..WarriorBox)

Fun list to play around with, you'll get alot of fun out of this. I sure did. Be sure to give your Gaunts Without Number to get the most out of the small numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Personally I wouldn't start with a tyrant or broodlord. I would get a gaunt box and warrior box if you can't get a battle box. That gives you a legal army that you can start playing right there and the warriors are flexible enough you can do many things with them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior47 View Post
    Personally I wouldn't start with a tyrant or broodlord. I would get a gaunt box and warrior box if you can't get a battle box. That gives you a legal army that you can start playing right there and the warriors are flexible enough you can do many things with them.
    Good point, but once you start getting more models, get a tyrant or broodlord cos warriors in HQ are Crud!

New transformers movie out soon And whadda ya mean USED to cry, I still do! lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by macewind View Post
    Good point, but once you start getting more models, get a tyrant or broodlord cos warriors in HQ are Crud!

New transformers movie out soon And whadda ya mean USED to cry, I still do! lol.
    Yep, same here :cry:

I started off my tyranid army with the stuff from the battle for macragge set (stealers and gaunts), a tyrant and a box of stealers.

Then I think I got a box of gaunts and a carnifex.

The way I started seemed to be okay. Its not a real balanced list but its a lot of fun to play. Especially when the Lictor "popped up" and the Winged Warriors flew in and another 2 carnifex's stumbled across my army box...
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Bah, the Transformers movie will suck compared to the first one (with Unicron and Leonard Nemoy as Galvatron! Awesomeness).

Anyway, a standard battleforce gives you a complete army. Warriors as HQs, 130 points of gaunts, give or take. 160 points worth of genestealers, and probably either a good 165 point sniperfex or 113 devilfex.

Heck, with shooty warriors, eight hormagaunts, eight spinegaunts, and eight genestealers (with EC) gives you a combat patrol list.

PS-Transformers the Movie was the first cartoon I had ever seen with a curse word. But still, that movie was the best. So glad I picked it up on DVD. They, at least, knew how to do a death! Only sad thing is they practically whiped out the cast from the series. Most of the ones I really liked bit the dust (but the dinobots kicked major butt!)
    "Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away." Sephiroth, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Atma View Post
    Bah, the Transformers movie will suck compared to the first one (with Unicron and Leonard Nemoy as Galvatron! Awesomeness).

Anyway, a standard battleforce gives you a complete army. Warriors as HQs, 130 points of gaunts, give or take. 160 points worth of genestealers, and probably either a good 165 point sniperfex or 113 devilfex.

Heck, with shooty warriors, eight hormagaunts, eight spinegaunts, and eight genestealers (with EC) gives you a combat patrol list.

PS-Transformers the Movie was the first cartoon I had ever seen with a curse word. But still, that movie was the best. So glad I picked it up on DVD. They, at least, knew how to do a death! Only sad thing is they practically whiped out the cast from the series. Most of the ones I really liked bit the dust (but the dinobots kicked major butt!)
    Goto the general discussions forum, ive set up a transformers thread to avoid hi jacking this one! The new movie is based on the G1 cartoons, so u never know, it could be a live action remake of the original movie!

+ Reply to Thread