Group Biomorphs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Group Biomorphs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Group Biomorphs

2 questions. I want all my warriors to have ES and EC. I want to play a tournament so im sure to run into WYSIWYG players. Would modeling 1 warrior with the biomorphs and leaving the others as standard be alright for this? (Im no good with greenstuff so only want to do ES on 1 model, but since all 3 must take the same morphs it would make sense they have it!)

Would it be legal to give a unit of stealers just 1 set of feeder tendrils? Or would they all have to take them? Again if they all must take them, would i have to give every stealer the tendrils face?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

as far as warriors go i would say modeling the extended carapaces on each model is necessary, and simple just add one the extra pieces of carapace to the warrior somewhere, and im not sure how you would model enhanced senses on the warrior, i think that one is kinda assumed
    as for the genestealers given that you only get two feeder tendrils per box i would say unless you were running a genestealer based army it would be quite hard to arm every genestealer with that exact bio morph
    Last edited by Pathofskulls; October 31st, 2006 at 03:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

All genestealers must take the chosen biomorphs.

As for warriors, no, you need to model them. Warriors can each be armed differently so in WYSIWYG this wouldn't pass. Heres a minimal modeling ideas for them. Use the flesh hooks. Cut 2 flesh hooks about the same lengths and trim off the point (save the points as they are good for modeling fleshhooks, thornback or guns that are firing.) Glue them into two of the 6 notches on the warrior's head on opposing sides or onto the head caraprace. Those are its new antenna. As for EC, just save up the ones from gaunts. They shouldn't ever need them.
    Last edited by Warrior47; October 31st, 2006 at 05:09.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

do have any pictures of your warriors with these minimal hookless flesh hook enhanced senses?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Thanks for clearing up the stealers issue, I dont think ill bother with FT except for the broodlord's ret.

As for the warriors, ive modeled ES on one already, and although they can have different guns i thought that the had to have to same biomorphs?

For my ES i used one of the many spikes from a fex as a horn. Green stuffed two antennea to this, and then gave him a glowing pink eye right in the middle of this! He looks great, its just too much of a faff about for a model thats little better than cannon fodder!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

I would think you need to model all of the models to ave what you say they have. The carapace on warriors is easy, like somebody said, the hormie carapace works fine, no greenstuff needed. I don't know about ES but it sounds like you've found a way to do it that you like, now you just need to get back to the dungeon and do it ten more times. (or for however many warriors you have, it's probably not ten)

Genestealer feeder tendrils could be tricky. I would just roll some greenstuff into long strings, chop it up into mini-macaroni, smush it all together, and stick it on his face. Maybe trim his mouth a little so it fits better. But I've never done it before, so I'm just making it up. There's got to be someone here who's done that conversion before, the way GW gives you 1 tendril for 20 genestealers means that you pretty much have to convert it yourself.
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x7)

Heres a pic of my warrior's ES

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

That looks fine for extended carapace and enhanced senses. Other alternatives for these biomorphs are the little spikes from spinefists attached to their heads for ES. You can also try to use things like spikes sticking out of the carapace for EC, basically it just makes them look more important and nasty.

+ Reply to Thread