Eldar War Walker Squadron - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Eldar War Walker Squadron

Due to a misperception on my part I picked up the war walker squadron box ( 3 war walkers) and reread the Codex when i got home and discovered that they are Hvy SPT rather than the Fast ATK which I thought they were. When I have choices such as Wraithlords and Fire Prisms to choose from I am thinking would that not be preferable?

The store where I got them is an hour away and my transport situation is sketchy so I still have them unopened in the box. Now if you veteran players can illuminate me on the advantages of war walkers I may just keep them.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

If you play CoD, they're not the worst heavy support unit.

... yeah, that's my most convincing argument.

It's fifty bucks, go return them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well give each one 2 Scatter Lasers and Guide the Squadron....thats 24 shots to good strength and range, or 12 Star Cannon Shots or 6 Bright lance shots.....thats why its worth taking them......

Do not mix weapons on the squadron, make them all the same to max out their effectivness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree. i think you should keep them and use them. dont you like the thought of 12 starcannon shots a turn, or 24 scatter laser shots. i am no vetran but i think you should keep them. it also depends on who you are playing. if you play MEQ's than keep them. those 12 starcannon shots can wipe out their entire unit in a single turn. now if they are BS 3 than you might want to reconsider what i just said and completely ignore it.
    Zoe: Doesn't the bible say something specific about killing?
    Preacher: Yes, but it's somewhat fuzzy on the subject of kneecaps.
    -Firefly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe i am mistaken, but dont become two wapons of the same kind twinlinked, just as the wraithlords...then it would be crappy to do so. ML + BL would be better in this situation.

well, the warwalkers are cheaper than a sentinal (-5 p) and field two heavy weapons, yay. but then again.....60 bucks and AV10 ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woohoo I got the last codex in the shop today!! :w00t: :w00t:
    Anyway, under the wraithlord entry it says duplicate weapons become TL, while on the ww sectipon itr says they are armed with 2 weapons from the list.

The best combo for them IMO is 3 WW with 2 Shruikken Cannons each. For only 120 points thats 18S6 shots+ scout rules! Yes they have only AV10 but heavy weapons shot at a 40 point moedl instead of a dangerous falcon are a waste when there is always less than 1/2 chance of just destroying 1 40point model.

The downside is the cost howver. £40 for 120 points is really expensive compared to anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Yup.. the great thing about war walkers is that multiple weapons don't become twin linked.

And.. to avoid the weapons dilemma.. trying setting up some kind of pinning system, then you can chop and change.

Personally.. I like the idea of using EML walkers with 6 plasma missiles (multi template fun).. But in reality I think scatter lasers would be more effective unless you want to use them against armour as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x0)

I also have got the 3 WW set I was looking at giving the all a BL and then give one a SC the other a EML and the last one a SL

Why dose every one say that mix weapons arent any good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

I wonder what the best weapon is now, if its just the weapon, then I'd say the scatterlaser, but if you factor in points costs, the shuriken cannon can't be beat, 5 points to add to a guardian squad or something, a warwalker with 2 cannons is 40 points! how can you beat that!? With 2 scatterlasers, it is powerful, but its 60 points.

I think it'd be good to have say... 4 shuriken cannons, 2 scatterlasers, maybe a few starcannons... no brightlances anymore... use wraithguard and fire dragons and such instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Thanks for the well written replies!

I'll keep my walkers. I can see that they can be cost effectice Marine killers.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast