For new players, jetpack rule - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

For new players, jetpack rule

After seeing inquisitor Hause tell curly that you can't charge after rapid firing, I thought I'd mention a little known rule to new players. On p.55 of the BGB it mentions that you CAN declare a charge after rapid firing, if you are equipped with a jetpack.

What does this mean? Crisis suits decent strength can be used to damage vehicle armor (rear armor or light skimmers) after pouring gunfire into it. It's still not smart to charge things with a weapon skill.

win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, charging space marines, for example, after shooting, you still need 4+ to hit just as if we had a WS 4. Our WS doesn't have much to do with the outcome of hth. The crisis does have good strength, but it's our low initiative is what will get them killed.

That's what is drawing me toward a farsight list. All those plasma and fusion shots from all those bodyguards followed by a charge lead by Oshava and his power weapon can easily wipe out a full squad of MEQs. I've play tested it several times and it works quite well, twice now I didn't have anything to charge after the shooting phase! The hard part was getting into just the right position at just the right time.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Otsego View Post
    Actually, charging space marines, for example, after shooting, you still need 4+ to hit just as if we had a WS 4. Our WS doesn't have much to do with the outcome of hth. The crisis does have good strength, but it's our low initiative is what will get them killed.
    Edit- Ok well I obviously wasn't clear here. I was saying that you should never charge anything with a weaponskill of any sort, due to the combination of init, low numbers, weaponskill and lack of power weapons. Not that WS was the only determining characteristic. The best example of my point would be defilers or dreadnaughts, armor with weaponskills that use their front armor in CC.
    Last edited by mephistophales; November 4th, 2006 at 22:25.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

I'm wondering though, doesn't the rule you are talking about only refer to the actual jump pack models, as in the ones defined by the rule book. Tau have a different one that isn't the standard jump pack, so are you sure that it still confers the same power?

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior47 View Post
    I'm wondering though, doesn't the rule you are talking about only refer to the actual jump pack models, as in the ones defined by the rule book. Tau have a different one that isn't the standard jump pack, so are you sure that it still confers the same power?
    This rule doesn't apply to jump packs. It applies to jetpacks, which is what the tau have. Hence I never said it applies to jump packs.

(Yes the vespids do have jump pack equivalent wings, no I was not referring to them even though they don't even have rapid fire weapons.)
    Last edited by mephistophales; November 4th, 2006 at 23:46.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Okay, cool, although it doesn't change the game play very much because of the tau's lack of cc power. Do you know if any other armies have jet packs. I was asuming that tau were the only ones but I haven't look through the Inquisitorial armies or either of the eldar codices.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior47 View Post
    Okay, cool, although it doesn't change the game play very much because of the tau's lack of cc power. Do you know if any other armies have jet packs.
    Yes of course it definately doesn't make them viable in CC with most units. Eldar have jetbikes, but they don't follow quite the same rules. I can't think of any other armies with jetpacks, but there might be some faction I have missed.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well they have cool stabilisers in their jet packs. isnt that why thay can charge after rapid fire?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

Right, that's the fluff reason and the reason in the tau codex.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

I was watching a game at a local store and one older player was actually teaching a kid to use his boradsides to jup out of trees, fire, and then jump back. Unfortunate... since the heavy weapons platforms don't have jetpacks.

Now, if only those suits didn't look like armored chickens, I'd be in love with them.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast