Shoot the Big Ones - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoot the Big Ones

I posted this topic in the Rules Forum but did not receive much feedback. I'm curious how the Shoot the Big Ones rule works. In the codex I have (old one) it says that you can shoot any tyranid creature in range without having to take a leadership test, and the only things that block Line of Sight are Terrain and Vehicles. It doesn't say anything about TMCs blocking LoS to other TMCs, and I didn't see anything in the FAQ about it. In the big rule book it says that LoS is blocked by Vehicles, Monstrous Creatures, and certain terrain types... so which of these is right? I'm hoping there is some clarification in the new codex but I don't have a copy of it with me to refer to at the moment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

We are in the 4th edition of 40K, we have a brandnew 4th edition codex, your asking something about the 3rd edition codex.

It no longer applies, the only tyranid codex you need to follow is the 4th edition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

"Shoot the Big Ones" is an old rule that is now no longer in play. It dated back before target priority, and was designed to keep Tyranid players from hiding a Carnifex behind a wave of Gaunts. In 4th edition, that's not a problem for any army.

My advice is: get a new codex right away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I keep old codexes for reference, and I don't have the new codex yet since I don't play that army. Unfortunately, some of the old codexes have completely different rules and I run into problems like these. I was hoping it was still in effect but its not that big of a deal.

Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by EcchuBlessu View Post
    I was hoping it was still in effect but its not that big of a deal.
    --- The reason it is no longer in effect is because it is now essentially part of the core 4thEd rules affecting all armies equally: No normal models in any army block LOS by themselves. This is what PopTartsNinja was referring to. =)

Check the 4thEd main book, page 20, for more on this. Of course, shooting past other units in the way isn't quite that simple, so see page 19 as well.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Ecchu - your question was pretty much already answered in the Rules Help thread, and yet you still created another very similar, if not identical, thread in here....

As the question is answered (in two separate threads), there's no reason to keep it open. :yes:

Closed Thread