The TMC MXC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The TMC MXC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TMC MXC

I would like to do a shooty TMC list. You know 3 heavy support Carnifexes, 3 Elite Carnifexes and 2 HQ Hive tyrants.

But I have some thnigs that I would like to know about this kind of list:

-I heard for nidzilla lists genestealer are the best troop choice is that true?
    -If so how many choices and how many genes per choice?
    -What bio morphs for them?
    -Also for Heavy Support; the gunfex; what survivability bio morphs are better?
    -What about Fast Attack choices?
    -Should I get Tyrant Guards for a shooty Hive Tyrant?
    -Should I take wings for shooty Hive Tyrant?
    -Wich is better on Hive Tyrant: 2 TL Devourers or 1 TL Devourers and 1 Venom Cannon?
    -What psychic powers for Hive Tyrants?

TheEndIsNear

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

EC is the only biomorph id take for stealers. Mabey ST.

EC, RChitin, BExoskeleton are great.

Dont bother, your big nids are slow.

yep, guards are well worth the points

Nope, Better to take guards in a Nidzilla list

-Wich is better on Hive Tyrant: 2 TL Devourers or 1 TL Devourers and 1 Venom Cannon?

It depends on who your facing. GEQs take 2x TL Devs, MEQS take the VC

On a CC Tyrant, take warp blast, otherwise psychic scream is good.

There are alot of Nidzilla lists posted on this forum, take a look at them for a better idea of what to take. The above questions have hundreds of answers, your best off posting a test army and asking people to comment on what works and what doesnt, for example, your asking about stealers and how many to take. Well that cant be answered without knowing how many points your running, what support they have and what else your fielding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by TheEndIsNear View Post
    The best troops ? I do not know that for sure, but I like them a lot. Anyway, the 4+ save is probably the best upgrade available, seeing as it effectively doubles their resistance against basic weapons(with fleet of foot). The acid maw, toxin sacs, scything talons, implant attack and feeder tendrils are over-kill imo.Feeder tendrils are useful in combined assaults. Scuttlers and flesh hooks are fairly good upgrades however, although it'll make the 'stealers pretty expensive.
    Extended carapace is a must.

All upgrades are fairly useful imo and there's too many to go into details. Weapon wise, crushing claws only give you 1.5 more attack on average, so imo aren't worth it. Scything talons are better. A barbed strangler, devourers, scything talons and venom cannons are the best weapons. Always give a fex a ranged weapon if you want to make an expensive one. It's slow, so won't see much combat, so shooting is essential. Elite fexes have the advantage that they're deployed fairly late on. However, a hive tyrant tends to be a better use of points than a cheap fex, due to better WS, I, A, synapse and BS. Expensive fexes aren't worth it imo: they'll rarely see combat, and even their shooting isn't great. Overall, I don't think they're all that great.
    A hive tyrant is simply better imo.

Gargoyles they've gotten more expensive, although to be fair, they were to cheap before. Their shooting is ok, and in combat they're fairly good for 12pts (2 attacks, including one at S4, I 8. They can also now enter difficult terrain, which makes them a bit more useful. Small broods are imo useful, especially for capturing table quarters. For 96pts, you've got a great capturing unit. As well as this, they're ld10, so will stick around in assault, as opposed to hormagaunts, if you're out of synapse. Deep-striking is suicide however. They're so easy to shoot,

The Spore mine cluster force your opponent to spread out a bit, and if you have no other blast weapons in the army, definitely take one or two. Bio-acid mines landing on vehicles are fairly good at tank-hunting.

And for the Raveners Always give them rending claws and scything talons. They're very fast, and are the best unit to support hormagaunts in combat. Their ld10 means they'll stick around in combat, even when out of synapse, so can save you a turn of shooting. They're actually good in combat as well! 5 rending attacks on the charge hurt everything. Shootingwise, the devourer is imo the best weapons to give them, although spinefists also seem useful (3 S4 shots with AP5 re-rolling misses vs. 6S3 shots re-rolling wounds). Personally though, I wouldn't give them shooting weapons though, because they'll normally only get one shot with them. The deathspitter isn't worth it imo. The range is wasted, as raveners should be hidden until they assault.

Well well thats tricky, in terms of psychic powers, there's actually a fair bit of choice. They're all useful, bar warp field, where you pay a whopping 35pts for +1 armour save and a 6+ ward save. That seems stupid to me: if you're flying, you should be in cover, if you're not, get extended carapace. He's still one of the best things in combat, but now he can also be very good at shooting. With combat upgrades, he'll kill 2-3 models a turn, and if you give him an implant attack, he'll kill just about anything. Shooting wise, a venom cannon is still a good option (3S8 shots hurt), but now the twin linked devourers are also very impressive. 6-12 shots with re-rolling failed hits and wounds hurts all infantry.

Wings are also still useful, although he should then be kept in cover at all times, as he becomes pretty expensive.

Now for the Tyrant Guards, they're still incredibly tough and good in combat, but as before, are slow and with a tyrant cost a lot of points. However, you can now choose to only take one, which seems to be fairly useful. Giving them flesh hooks, and giving at least one of them lash whip seems mandatory.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Nagato; November 8th, 2006 at 00:36.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Ah the mighty TMC list they are a fear to be reckoned with though only if you build em right.

IMO they are by far the best choice as the main weakness in a TMC strangely is CC as most of you TMC have to few attacks to kill off enemy units plus low WS (except HT but you can only have two of them max).

Really it depends on the points you have though IMO go for small squads as their main purpose is to keep the enemy from tieing up your TMC in CC so keep em behing the big lugs so they don't get shot up.

Well really you don't need to give them any at all IMO as they are better off left cheap though if you have the points EC isn't too bad though FH are probally good too.

Well again depends on the amount of points you have as you could go for all of them but that costs a lot of points. Some may say regenration is too expensive though the idea of getting some wounds back on your big guys can be a big blow to your oppenet espically if they spent an entire shooting phase to get it down to 1W then you roll 2 6's and get him up to scoring again.

Ah fast attack IMO one of the most important slots in a TMC list as they add the much needed speed to this list. Ravs are probally the best choice to put in here in 1-3 man sized squads depending on points and how many slots you have left. Also don't forget to put these guys behind your big bugs as they have weak armor saves and only charge them out when they are within range. The red terror is also a very nice choice as it adds another TMC to the list and is only 104pts (if you need the rules for this guy go to the UK website and he is legal via Chapter Approved). Bio-acid spore mines are also fairly nice though depends if you need the extra anti-tank really. Also don't forget to put these guys behind your big bugs as they have weak armor saves and only charge them out when they are within range.

Yes you should always have some guards for a walking shooty Hive Tyrant as they can help a lot in CC when the enemy gets to your lines (that is if they get their ) and provide some extra wounds for your HT.

Well by shooty do you mean 2 TL-dev? If you do then yes deffinatly as they they can then move around to where they need to unload those 12 shots. Also IMO WF is a must as if your going to be firing the TL-devs that close to infantry then your going to need something better then a 3+ as you will be taking a lot of shots plus you won't always be able to be in cover.

Well on a walking HT I would go with the 1 TL-dev ad VC though IMO it would better if you went with a BS as with the HT actually being accurate with it and the much longer range to go with the VC IMO a much better choice. Plus the pinning can help to espically when used with psychic scream.

Really the only powers I would use are Warp field and psychic scream as they are both defensive and can really add in some support. Warp blast IMO is a big no no on HT as that then leaves you without ES which is extremely usefull upgrade on your HT as it gives your army its only BS4 guy.

Well there is some advice though you may want to drop one gunfex and maybe go for a brood of 3 zoanthropes and slap WB and PS on em which makes them extremely deadly support units espically if you give PS to one of your HT as they can lower enemy units Ld by 4. Also don't forget to hide them behind your TMC so they don't have to take any enemy fire.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A really good Godzilla list with report by Hilly here:

Godzilla goes to Emperor's Legion in Sydney (1750 tourney Sep 06)

Just to give u an idea how a godzilla list works and how to play them before giving over all ur gold coins for big models....
    "They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Lictor1989 View Post
    The red terror is also a very nice choice as it adds another TMC to the list and is only 104pts (if you need the rules for this guy go to the UK website and he is legal via Chapter Approved).
    --- I would like a link to the page that clearly tells the GW online rules are free to use without permission... So far, haven't seen such. If something doesn't explicitly state it does not require permission, the safest bet is to assume it does require permission. Also, I can't see any mention of "Chapter Approved" on the UK website.

Althought the online rules for Tyranid "Specials" only explicitly state that the Death Leaper requires permission while Red Terror and Old One Eye say nothing, that still doesn't help much as they still aren't in the Codex and the online rules aren't clearly stated to be free to use without permission.

Asking beforehand certainly hasn't hurt my chances of getting the odd game off my RT, while saving a lot of bad blood from players who (like me) are rather skeptical about the legality of everything GW posts on their website. =)

This is in my view especially important in the case of RT, as it can be the 9th MC of a 'Nidzilla list.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thus!!!!!!

Thus the best in a shooty Godcilla list is:

HQ: Hive Tyrant: Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Enhanced Senses, Tl Devourers, TL Devourers, Psychic Scream; (154 pts) {no codex handy}
    3 Tyrant Guards (135 pts) {no codex handy}
    Total: 289

Elite: Carnifex:
    Enhanced Senses, Tl Devourers, Tl Devourers; (113) {no codex handy}

Troops:
    [Not yet known]

Fast Attack:
    [Not yet known]

Heavy Support: Carnifex: Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Bonded Exosceleton, Reinforced Chitin, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler, (213){no codex handy}

Between best troop:
    2 X 3 Ripper bases
    6 X 6 Genestealer

Best Fast Attack:
    3 X 3 Spore mines
    3 X 6 Ravenors

TheEndIsNear

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

One of the big problems with a TMC list is that it tends to run short on synapse (typically only 2 hive tyrants...). Stealers and rippers are the best troop choices for working around this since they don't need synapse to function.

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi-99 View Post
    --- I would like a link to the page that clearly tells the GW online rules are free to use without permission... So far, haven't seen such. If something doesn't explicitly state it does not require permission, the safest bet is to assume it does require permission. Also, I can't see any mention of "Chapter Approved" on the UK website.

Althought the online rules for Tyranid "Specials" only explicitly state that the Death Leaper requires permission while Red Terror and Old One Eye say nothing, that still doesn't help much as they still aren't in the Codex and the online rules aren't clearly stated to be free to use without permission.

Asking beforehand certainly hasn't hurt my chances of getting the odd game off my RT, while saving a lot of bad blood from players who (like me) are rather skeptical about the legality of everything GW posts on their website. =)

This is in my view especially important in the case of RT, as it can be the 9th MC of a 'Nidzilla list.
    Well to my knowledge anything that is chapter approved you can play without permission. Though you are right that it does not say "Chapter Approved" though I think it is. The main reason I said it was my group made a call to the rule lawyers and they said it was all right. Plus I took him to a tournament and the judges had no problems with it though you do have to print out the rules for him.

So really if your using him for a tournament list you should ask the judges about it first as it wouldn't hurt. Otherwise I think you can use him in any match you want and don't require oppents permission as it is stated in the rules you need to (with 4th ed you don't need permission to field special characters anymore so why would you have to for the RT unless stated in the rules?).
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread