New Player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Player

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

New Player

Hey y'all!

Um, I was wonder if this paint scheme sounds good? a light blue, then inked blue (clear glow look) followed with paddings being painted bleached bone and with white highlight.

Also my army list:

Prince Yriel (hanging with Dire Avengers)
    Maugan Ra (hanging with Reapers)

2x Falcons

6x Banshees w/ Exarch (in one of the Falcon)

10x Dire Avengers
    16x Guardians w/ Platform and Warlock (Conceal)
    16x Guardians w/ Platform and Warlock (Conceal)

3x Vypers

5x Dark Reapers w/ Exarch

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Hunched Over My Workbench, furiously painting away.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Let me start by saying that I'm by no means the Eldar expert (having only thus-far played against them), but looking at your list the first thing that jumps out is that you might want to add a second CC squad instead of one of the troop choices.

The only time I've had probs with the Eldar is when they pull a sort of 'hammer and anvil' type approach, where they've got good firepower that needs to be taken out, while at the same time have the swift moving and deadly assault oriented troops that spear into an exposed flank.

You've got 1 squad of heavy shooters, 3 squads of decent shooters, and 1 assault squad. That's a lot of shooters.

You might consider either a squad of Scorpions, or even warp spiders.
    Baby, when I'm the voice of reason, we've got problems!
    ~artificer

Someone should stop
    Jervis "let's make it easy enough for a 3 year old to play" Johnson
    before he turns 40k into checkers

~anon

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by artificer View Post
    Let me start by saying that I'm by no means the Eldar expert (having only thus-far played against them), but looking at your list the first thing that jumps out is that you might want to add a second CC squad instead of one of the troop choices.

The only time I've had probs with the Eldar is when they pull a sort of 'hammer and anvil' type approach, where they've got good firepower that needs to be taken out, while at the same time have the swift moving and deadly assault oriented troops that spear into an exposed flank.

You've got 1 squad of heavy shooters, 3 squads of decent shooters, and 1 assault squad. That's a lot of shooters.

You might consider either a squad of Scorpions, or even warp spiders.
    I was thinking of doing a squad of scorpions, but they just don't cut it IMO. My buddy is practically an eldar expert, says they make a good counter attack unit. I agree, but they are expensive chaos space marines really. If they had an extra pf somewhere in the squad or assault guns, it would be cool. only benefit using them against any non MEQ army.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Sometimes you have to accept that some squads will die in assault - you have to use your deployment (and shooting! ) to dilute the effect of any assault units your opponent might have.

I'd be tempted to put maugan ra in a guardian unit rather than the reapers. The reapers have double the range of Ra, so there is the chance you will be wasting his 5 shot rending goodness.

I'd throw them in some guardians - their range (even most of the heavy weapons) is closer to his, and it also gives them a decent ld boost (reapers have their handy ld9).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The paint scheme you have decideded on looks really good in my head. If you want a definitive answer you should post a picture of a model already painted.

I like your list with the two Phoenix Lords, they are too many points for my taste, but I am sure they are quite effective at what they do.

My only real point is that large guardian squads are becoming a thing of the past. May I suggest lowering them in number of guardians in each squad and maxing out your banshees. Then switch one of your falcons to a wave serpent with tl-brightlances for the banshees to go in. This increases your CC ability, increases your anti-tank ability, and you still have plenty sacrifital guardians left to protect those platforms.

Good Luck!

James

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to give one little argument for the Striking Scorpians, in the form of an analogy

Banshees are Stilettos - thin knives that have to be used right. Also, they get so much out of doom its practically criminal not to take a farseer with them.

Striking Scorpians are a good heavy broadsword. They are nearly marines - but with the three attacks, and an invisible powerfist that hits on 3+. Even with Haywire Grenades RIP for them, they are heavies, power armoured infiltraters who can hurt almost anything. Utility infielders, in the words of American Baseball.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

In my opinion scorpeons are now for either.

A. Countering things like devestator squads. Just infiltrate them in close, with plasma grenades and move through cover you should close and deal with them well.

B. threatening an area of the board. Set them up in terrain partway between your forces. Again with move through cover they should be able to threaten enemy units with a charge if they try to move past.

But we'll see. I would definitly get some fire dragons for the other falcon. No reason to run it empty and you could use the extra AV. I'm not 100% sure on the banshee squad at that size, but it could still do well for mop up work.

I don't like vypers anymore though or the large guardians. However all of the remaining fast attack choices are fairly solid. Dire avengers seem OK and the eldar jetbikes would be nice if not for costing $15 each.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a pretty paint scheme to me, I'd love to see a pic of a sample model! What color are you going to do the guns? Black, maybe?

+ Reply to Thread