Help Plz!!!!!!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help Plz!!!!!!!!

I have about 2 days befor a battle and I dont know what to use!!!!!!

Im going to face 3 other people at the same time in a battle royal...
    Im fighting Tau, Chaos and necrons...
    ive fought Tau and Chaos befor but never Necrons
    from what i hear they are annoying with their "Well be back" rule

Could anyone giva a noobie some tips? :sleep:

Thx!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before this:

How many points?
    What type of tyranid army you play?
    What models u have?
    What do you absolutly do not want to have?

TheEndIsNear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheEndIsNear View Post
    Before this:

How many points?
    What type of tyranid army you play?
    What models u have?
    What do you absolutly do not want to have?

TheEndIsNear
    After you tell us this.
    the necrons "phase out" when u kill 75%(i think) so kill off there troops 1st making sure to keep them fireing at the opponets.
    No sig required.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Against Tau:
    • If you take Monstrous Creatures, then take several of them. Railguns will crush just one or two.
    • Take many fast bugs. If you get the Tau into close combat, you have pretty much a 90% chance of beating them.
    • Take a fair amount of shooting - Tau skimmers are very resilient, and you won't be able to hurt them in CC so easily.
    • Be wary of things like Genestealers or lots of Warriors - they aren't needed, for one, and two, even with their Extended Carapace, the Hammerhead's Railgun's Submunition Round will take out half a squad at a time. Just keep this in mind.

Against Necrons:
    • Lots of small bugs will be good to tie up their shooting.
    • Beware with the Extended Carapace again, as Destroyers will ruin Genestealers and the likes.
    • Lots of Monstrous Creatures is the way to go here, as Necrons lack an abundance of low AP weaponry, regardless of their Gauss special rule.
    • Close combat is again one of the ways to take these guys out. Fast, hard-hitting units - Warriors, Raveners, Flying Tyrant, whatever you want - will do you well. Preferably, things with Rending or that ignore armour saves.
    • If you go up against a Monolith, your army should be fast enough to ignore it. It won't be worth the trouble, as it's soaking up a fair amount of points, so you should try to go for phase out. Shouldn't be too much trouble avoiding it if you have the speed and the numbers.

As for Chaos, just treat them similarly to a Marine army, with a few quirks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

The "we'll be back" rule is really nothing special, or anything to particularly worry about.

The key thing is to know exactly how it works, and the conditions were it doesn't work. Once you know those, you'll be able to use it to your advantage sometimes too

Remember, the necron player's models are expensive because of things like WBB, so if you deny him it, then you're effectively denying him those points.

What I'd advise is that you give the necron special rules in the necron codex a good thorough read before you play. This does two things:

1. IT'll give you an excellent understanding of the necrons and how they work, plus you can see any tricks to avoid or stuff to use depending on your mate's units.
    2. It means that I don't have to break copy right rules telling you exactly what the rules are on this forum. Also, that I can now go to bed because i'm tired

Good luck!
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup 75% also about the Monolith: don,t shoot it nor assault it; go for the warriors most of the necron guns with gauss in the name" have a special rule that mans they auto wound on a 6 on a to wound rol regardless of toughness, thus if you opponent has a 20 warriors squad and is rapid fireing a bare bone Carnifex he will inflict about 3 wounds a turn or 18 guants so their fire power is pretty big. Also when assaulting make sure you try to assault 1+X squads a turn per CC where X is the number of Monoliths our opponents is fielding because each monolith can pull out one unit of necrons* from combat and put it at it's portal leaving your units in a wide open space in a center off an army of rapid firing warriors- Not good.

*Some units don,t count as necrons therefore they don,t affect phase out nnor can they use the monolith or WBB.

TheEndIsNear

Edit: dang 2 ppl posted after i started
    Last edited by TheEndIsHere; November 11th, 2006 at 03:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Not sure of the vocabulary, but is a "Battle Royale" where You fight everyone at the same time? In that case, try to get Your Monstrous creatures out of LOS and let the Tau Railguns or Chaos Lascannons take out the Monolith. :shifty:

What I'd do is try to see who is the most aggressive, and wait to see who they contact first. If possible, try to let the other three weaken themselves against each other before charging in with Your army, but usually people try to not let this happen. If it looks like someone is trying to pull this one off (say, Chaos attacks Necrons, Tau tries to hide in their part of the field), attack them as at the worst if You win that fight, You'll be facing an opponent who has taken out the opponent in their field and probably taken damage as well instead of fighting an opponent who has taken very little damage with a seriously weakened army.

Perhaps examples illustrate this more clearly:

Example 1: Chaos attacks Necrons, Tyranid attacks Tau = two weakened armies will end up facing against each other.

Example 2: Chaos, Necrons, Tyranids attack each other, Tau hides = one weakened army will end up facing the Tau who have likely taken little damage.

If You can pull off Example 2, good for You. Just don't let anyone else pull it off.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

What an incredibly idea. someone give uzi-99 a medal
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one quirk you need to remember is that WBB only works against attacks that allow armour saves. For this reason, marines tend to take power weaposn and fists. The necrons will probably be the first to go, because once they get below 75%, they are gone. Tau will be your largest enemy with the railguns and submunition rounds. Chaos will be more apt to challenge you, since their basic troops will have the bolters.

I suggest going with a broodlord and some 'steelers, perhaps two for your hq choices. The broodlords attacks count as power weapons, and they rend, so he is a monster if you play your cards right. As for troops, that is your decision. I would possible go Hormagaunts/Termagaunts and rippers, as you will get the most for your points. Then again, 'steelers give you the ability to bypass armour, so it really goes down to personal preference. I wouldnt bother taking monsorous creatures unless you take alot of them, because lascannons and railcannons will more than likely say hello.
    Ist doch so gut gewürzt und so schön flambiert und so liebevoll auf Porzellan serviert Dazu ein guter Wein und zarter kerzenschein Ja da lass ich mir Zeit Etwas Kultur muss sein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Th Phase out rule has been overstated, but remember to also watch for a Lord with a Res Orb as he can negate the No Armor Saves bit for the WBB. I'd suggest that you go read the Necron forums to find out more info if you cannot get a Codex, on the Necrons. theer was a topic theer about the WBB roll that got outta hand, but it's also a good start

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast