Nids Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nids Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nids Help

Okay, I need your seasoned experience here. I have struggled with the shop here in Tyler, and have not been able to get through to them, and I am debating just getting a Carnifex and converting it into a Hive Tyrant for my own purposes. Thats the first part, would you suggest this, or perhaps going elsewhere and hope and pray that I can get what I need.

Part 2: I am hellbent on trying to fit a Tyrand and some guard in here, and I am itching for a good CC layout, but something outside of the norm. I was wondering what your ideas were. I was debatind 2 talons and 2 lash whips, but I am turning to you once again for something that isnt too cookie cutter, and fits my theme of wanting to run nids based loosely from the aliens from the movie series 'Alien'. Again, I am hoping that I can get your help in this area. Dont get me wrong, I love my brood lord, but I feel that I need a little more power and punch in my HQ.

I appreciate any ideas and help here, perhaps I can build a monster in testament to my bond with the rest of my brood brothers.

Ist doch so gut gewürzt und so schön flambiert und so liebevoll auf Porzellan serviert Dazu ein guter Wein und zarter kerzenschein Ja da lass ich mir Zeit Etwas Kultur muss sein.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure what you're delimma is with your shop, but if you need to get a Tyrant order won of an online store (gamesworkshop) or ebay. You could convert a fex into a tyrant if you wanted, but if you do make sure you convert it enough to were it doesnt look like a CC fex good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

If I was you id give your tyrant proper weapons and give his guard the lash whips. The effects stack up so youll be taking 1 attack per guard from the enemy. Plus if you take 2 guards with whips and 1 with talons, you can choose which ones die on your way to combat and mabey remove the whips if you dont need them.

As for the conversion, its certinatly legal, but why do you want to do this? The tyrant is pretty similar to the fex anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

If it is a Tyrant with Guards, then it is a walking Tyrant. As with CC 'Fexes, they're slow and thus would be equally useless except that the Tyrant provides Synapse and is actually good once/if it reaches combat.

As such, I treat the walking Tyrant the same as a 'Fex: definitely take it with ranged weapons.

Edit: The most CC oriented option I would personally consider would be a combat-equipped Tyrant with WBlast for the psychic power... Although I prefer straight bioguns (Monstrous rules, can be more accurate and have better range than WBlast), it would be a nasty Tyrant with at least some ranged capability. If You got a Gunfex to deal with vehicles, You could even take EnhSen as even though it restricts the WBlast to anti-Infantry, it will be a rather accurate Marine-killing shot. =)

WField isn't even a consideration here... Winged take it because that's all they can get, but a walking Tyrant should have ExtCar as they can have that. Use cover.
    Last edited by Uzi-99; November 14th, 2006 at 19:21.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

+ Reply to Thread