kroot emrcs worth it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

4 (x1)

kroot emrcs worth it?

i have a 1500 pt rt army and ive gotten 1250 pts in

dracon on bike w/ minimal squad
    dracon with minimial incubi raider squad
    wych squad on raider

2 raiders squads
    2 sniper squads
    2 ravagers dissied up

for the final 250 would you advise kroot mercs or more wychs?

ive seen kroot do somet nasty stuff, but are they worth it?

In the future, please take some time when typing your posts out. I had to tidy this up to make it easy to read. Thanks. - Firedrake28

Last edited by Katie Drake; November 15th, 2006 at 22:48. Reason: Cleaned up spelling and grammar.
    Haruko put that thing down

"its the pirate king"
    "its,its,its atomsk"

DARK ELDAR 1500

We are not your worst nightmare--- We are your EVERY nightmare

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

17 (x1)

Thats a tough question as the points value is a bit lower than I normally play. I have found that symmetry seems to be very efective in 40k. Two ravs or two Taloi work far better than a single of each.

And having two squads of wyches works a lot better than one. I find having two squads hitting the same unit, or stretching into two enemy units (if they are smaller enemy squads) generally will overpower the enemy in 1-2 turns of CC. Wyches tend to need a little support.

I also run a 100 point unit of kroot in my army. And they have always been worth at least double their points. On missions where you infiltrate, putting them into the woods in enemy territory draws a ton of fire from my opponents. They are a great diversionary unit and with the 4++ save in the woods are surprisingly hardy.

If you can put them so they are over 6" into woods, they still get to fire but can't be fired upon and are difficult to charge unless its a unit that can charge over 6". But even then, they hit like marines in CC. They are a very solid unit at 1850 level. I actually dropped my warp beast squads and picked up a 4th wych squad and the kroot. My army is a lot more effective now.

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

42 (x2)

I play against someone usually once or twice a week that uses Kroot merc in two ways:
    1) 10 Kroot w snipers - as described hiding in woods, pinning critical units. They sometimes make back thier points but usually just pin other units, like marine dev squads or DE Lance squads, etc.
    2) 10 Kroot + 10 Hounds + Shaper w Eviscerator (+Master shaper w Eviscerator optional) all with Blood of the Stalker - with a good Stalker roll you can have a first turn charge. The Eviscrators make a mockery of Taloi, Wraithlords, Dreadnaughts and most tanks plus the hounds just lay down the smak with #'s of attacks. The problem is that if you can't charge 1st turn (or go 2nd) and your opponent recognized just how much of a threat the Kroot are he'll blast your 250 points into smitherines. The good news about that is he won't be shooting much at your Raiders

What we found was that if he got a first turn charge with the Kroot he would usually win (he has tight lists and is a great general) otherwise it really hurt him when we blew up 250 points of his army before they got to engage.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

+ Reply to Thread