Nids are eating my Orks. Anyone with ideas on how to reverse this please enlighten me - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nids are eating my Orks. Anyone with ideas on how to reverse this please enlighten me

Hi. I run a typically foot sloggin' Ork army, normaly around 1500pts. Against marines, Iwin about 50% of the time, this ratio improving as the pts total drops. However, Nids keep eating my Orks. I have yet to win a game vs Nids. The Nid force is usualy gaunt swarms backed up by monsterous synapse, with a large warrior backup synspse. Could some Nid players tell me what scares them, or Ork players lemme know what seems to work ??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know this may sound dumb but try and shoot them (lots of big shootas) and then counter assault. maybe team up units on big threats. when i used my speed freeks i took lots and lots of flamers and scorchas and zoomed up to gaunts and warriors and toasted them the only thing to watch out for is lots of stealers and big charaters. hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well vs. Nids I run two Sqauds of 20 Slugga Boyz with 4 Big Shootas each (One on the Nob who also has a PK) and two Squads of 11 Burna Boyz with 2 Burnaz (the 11th model is the Mekboy with KFF) and a looted Leman Russ at the core of the force. I will also often take a squad of 15 Flash Gitz with More Dakka and 5 Big Shootas (Again one on the Nob).

I know it isnt an option for you as a foot slogging commander but Speed Freaks lists go very well vs. Nids.

It would really help to know what models you own or to see the list itself. I have a fair deal of success vs. Nids foot slogging, well about as much as a foot slogging Ork commander can have, statisticly, they have the advantage.

Take it from the #1 Ork player in Canada from the Medusa campaign, we can beat them, it just takes more tactics than the regular ork is able to uses. BTW I always play a very shooty Ork list and my tactics and troop movments are adapted to that, I havent seen you play so discribe that as well.
    Last edited by Osaria; November 14th, 2006 at 20:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I've found that the only army that beats me consistently is Nids. Main reason is ork shooting is not wonderful, and to beat nids you really need to think them out. I've had lots of success with Dakkawagons, but the down side is they are targeted quickly and usually die nastily to a barbed strangler.

In general the games i've won have involved lots of flash gitz squads maxed with big shootas. The only way i actually won was by swamping the big bugs and counting on Nobs with power klaws to bring them down. It wasn't pretty but it worked, however a Ork Swarm vs Nid Swarm is a daunting sight on the table top.

I beat them with my speed freaks with an all buggy army that basically ran around and pounded with big shootas with some drive by's with scorchas.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I'll have a go with freekz, (I can field about 1000pts). My typical foot-sloggers consist of 2 core mobs of sluggas, 16-20strong, depending on the pts limit, maxed with big shootas/rokkits, so I'll go with big shootas in future. I've just finished re-modelling my slugga nobs to carry PK , Bionik Arm and Rokkit....damn. (lucky my opponents dont mind proxies....much). I was going to try a scorcha buggy with 2 Big shoota bugies, but it sounds like the 3 big shootas will be of more use. The looted russ sounds good, if I had one. Methinks it will have to be my next investment.
    I gotta admit, it seems, well, wrong to try and out-shoot anyone with orks, lets face it, orks cant hit the wide side of a barn, from inside the barn...but maybe with enough guns....
    My Kans and CC dread work ok holding units up so I can counter-charge, but even with power of the waaagh my ladz still strike last most of the time (except against fexes, but they are so damn big, tough and woundy they make short work of my ladz...)

OK, so...New plan. Size down slugga mobs, take 3 mobs or a mob of skarboyz instead, all maxed with big shootas, and a PK. Pain Boss with 9 cyborks to deal with any MC's that get past the sluggas, or tie up CC swarms, Bikes (6 of) shoota buggies, Kans, and maybe my Dakka-Nought. I think 2 min strength burna mobs should replace my tankbustaz, to get some KFF's happening.
    Any other suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

Skarboys vs Carnifex is actually worth while. I did have success in a game with a unit of 20 Skar boyz who dove on a Carnifex. With the massive amounts of attacks I need 6's to wound but then your reducing his save to 4+ which will drop that monstrosity quickly. Its pretty sweet to watch a Carnifex pulled down by a mob of Greenies!
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ mousec112 i think nids would win if you they both went for the swamp tactic although if you have enough grots...

a looted basilisk might work:rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

Actually the only one's i swamp are the big bugs. With the little to mic guys i just stand and shoot while the skar boys or ard boys and nobs engage the big 'uns. In general i'm probably below 50% on my win perchentage all time as i've only ever played bug players who use Big bugs with all carnifexs and tyrants. The mixed armies that i've play i've never had a problem. and the 2 swarm armies i played i just stood and shot to pieces with all my big shootas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

I've actually never lost against nids, but against other armies I don't do so well. Eldar and Tau usually kick my arse.

Here's how I always squish the bugs:

My army is Bloodaxe klan, so it is a core of 20 sluggas with 4 squads of kommandos, each with a burna, and some trukkers and a leman russ with heavy flamers instead of heavy bolters. Their's also a painboss + cyborks in a trukk with the warboss and some tankbustas. Essentially I ambush 'em. Nids players tend to just charge forward in a big tide, so I sacrifice a squad of kommandos to tie up their genestealers (if any) and use the rest of teh kommandos and the trukkers and tankbustaz to launch a counter-attack on all of their elements at once. A unit of kommandos with a burna and a PK nob, or the trukkers, can usually take out three warriors or even a carnifex with their PK, and if there's a huge force of gaunts or something I speedbump them with some kommandos. Burnas are your friend, and I have heaps of them.

By this time the nid player doesn't have much left, and neither do I, except for the squad of 20 sluggas with PK I've kept in cover. They run out and mop up. For some reason (probably because of rending) nids players always try to kill my russ with their remaining stealers (which by this time will have eaten my kommandos and run up the board), but with orky armour it's harder for them. If I survive even one round (which I always have), I simply back off 6 inches and give em both barrels of the heavy flamers. Aaah, roast bugs...

Hasn't failed me yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks robtnik, good tactics, but I dont have suitable minis. I'm gonna have a go out shooting them with lotsa big shootas and a unit of flashgits w/ more dakka, using my bikes as fire support. The plan is to focus fire on the big synapse, keeping the CC swarms occupied with sluggas.

Pic of Waaagh Grimzag, 1500 pts. Sorry bout the quality, only have a phone cam...

I'll let ya's know how it goes.

:: Dent out ::

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast