tactics to kill terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tactics to kill terminators

Is there any effective CC tactics to kill terminatros. I don't use heavy destroyers (too expensive) and I find that I am waisting a lot of shots with their 2+ save.

Or is the best tactic just to run away until the rest of the other army is out before taking care of them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Warscythes are one answer. Lords/Pariahs.

However the best thing you can do is simply rapid-fire them off the board. 80 odd gauss shots will bring them down.

I know these aren't the most reliable ways but its the best you can do. Necrons struggle against terminators.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

I don't know if this is a good tactic but I masacred 2 squads of terminators using a lord (rez orb, warscythe, Gaze of flame, and 4+ inv save thingy), 10 flayed ones and 4 pariahs.
    They just mowed through the terminators and any flayed ones that got hurt could just get up again because of the orb.
    I got out with more than half the squad of FOs left and the lord and the pariahs were intact.

Probably just down to lucky dice rolls on my part though.
    My blog - http://wingsofsanguinius.blogspot.com
    Been here nearly 10 years and still haven't managed 500 posts.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

The only necron unit that can beat terminators on even footing are pariahs (note I said terminators, not assault terminators, those things are just sickening vs necrons).

The problem is, who in their right mind would let their termies get into CC with the only thing in the necron list that can reliably destroy them?

Lordlink is correct, the best you can normally do is just throw shot after shot at them until they die.

The monolith's particle whip isn't that helpful because (iirc) its ap3.

heavy destroyers do work, but they really ain't worth their cost for much else (though I stand by their tank hunting abilities).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found that if the terminators are deep striked in, you can usually avoid them for most of the game as they are slow moving and you can easily out maneauver when you have a head start. For thos people that like to deep strike, just feel safe in the knowledge that they cant assault first turn, meaning you hopefully have a chance to move out of range. Depending on how late in the game it is, you can simply avoid them as they wont do much if they cant get into combat, however if its still early and they are right near your lines .... throw something into them like scarabs to keep them occupied or just put as many shots in as you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

The Necrons suffer for a lack of low-AP weaponry, so taking down Terminators will always be a tall order; however, seeing Terminators on the table or in reserve always makes me smile a little.

I know my opponent has sunk an awful lot of points into one unit, meaning there will be less Marines. Also, those Terminators will have to do an awful lot of killing to uy their points back.

I usually just avoid them.

If I have to take down a Terminator squad, though, I give it a few volleys of Gauss Flayer fire, that usually takes care of one or two of them, then I send a Tomb Spyder in.
    Tomb Spyders are pretty good against the Termies, I have found. Also, Flayed Ones supported by an Orb can cause fits for Terminators.

Pariahs, of course are the logical choice, but when I field Pariahs, I also have the Deceiver on the table and I'm just as likely to throw the Deceiver in with the Terminators.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

I usually hit them with a c'tan.

My H. Destroyers couldn't hit a tree if they were shooting into a forest, and my lord always seems to fall down just before the finish line when it comes to termies. Finally, I don't field pariahs unless it's a city game, and they'll either get infiltrated or placed in a first-aid station so the termies would have to come to them.

c'tan, OTOH, pretty much always work.
    Wake. Rise. Destroy. Conquer.
    We have done so once. We will do so again.

Senior Member The vampire Lestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a Destroyer lord (with orb and sycthe) or two and one or two units of wraiths, they just don't go down and they have alot of high strength attacks and the lords are causing serious dammage.
    If the battle is too small for that (I do that in 1500+) then the marine player will be seriously outnumbered with those expensive termies so you can afford to waste alot of shots on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

228 (x8)

I Liked the previous idea. A pair of tomb spyders would be rather effective against terminators.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well everybodys fav tactic fly cirrcus (however you spell that) 10 immotals and a lord with a SoL land about 23" away (30"to be safe) and fire and walk back, works well on assalt termies but usually the cirrcus's have somthing better to do, anyway lots of shots little rick of CC.

i actualy find assault squads far more dangerous, i like termies, thier nice and slow, yea for torrents of fire, eat guass impirealist scum

side note.... not a great idea against GK termies, thought nothing works very well on them
    In the name of god impure souls of the living dead shal be banished into eturnal damnation. Amen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast