Vehicle Armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vehicle Armies

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Vehicle Armies

Yes so I picked up the latest WD, and fell in love quickly with the Eldar vehicles. The Falcon, Wave Serpent, and War Walkers look utterly fantastic etc. , and the Wraithlord and Dark Reapers have some pretty game-breaking stats and weapons.

But the problem is, I dislike the normal infantry models on the contrary. They are different colours, look stupid when put together and are sculpted at different levels and by different people. Plus, I noticed that Walkers, Falcons, Wraithlords and Dark Reapers are all Heavy Support choices, meaning that hardly any can be included in an army, to my dismay. I was thinking of having lots of them . At least the Wave Serpents are Elites.

What would you recommend for a vehicle-heavy army with Eldar? Is it possible to create a good one with it, since I don't like the Aspect warriors?

Hex

"Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    At least the Wave Serpents are Elites.
    Wave serpents are troop transports - you can only purchase them for a squad of infantry.

Mechanised Eldar is pretty easy to do. You can fill out your three heavy support choices with falcons and fire prisms (maybe a unit of war walkers); have vypers as fast attack; and have jetbikes or guardians in wave serpents as your troops.

Put a farseer and retinue in a wave serpent or on bikes and you've got yourself one mechanised army.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

Edit: Rork beat me to it.
    Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Do you hate all the aspects? You can colo(u)r them any way you want you know.

Also you can get wave serpents with troops too. Guardians and Dire Avengers can both take them.

Also we have jetbikes in troops, HQ, and fast attack. They are mechanized depending on how you define the term. More importantly they can keep up with the other vehicles.

Personally I think that mechanized eldar can be great. You can have an entire army capable of moving 36" if it feels like it. I only have a number of mechanized elements and I love it. You deploy accross the board. Usually your opponent more or less mirrors you. Then you pull your army hard to one side and procced to fight a quarter to a half of their army with all of yours. It works great.

Falcons are real beasts. The stats say armor 12 but with the vehicle upgrades I'd actually rank them as having a higher survivability than monoliths. Wave serpents are a bit more fragile but as I said you can easily overload a portion of their army with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want a vehicle heavy Eldar army theres only one thing you need to know:

Saim-Hann

HQ's on jetbikes, troops on jetbikes, Vypers/Shining Spears as fast attack and Falcons or War Walkers in heavy....the Falcons are fluffier though.

For Elites you could take Banshees or Scorpions and mount them in Wave Serpents.
    Fear the awesome wrath of The ANZAC Clan!!!

Aussie Bogan: Beer Drinking, Steak Eating, Thong Wearing Maniac!

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

Thankyou for the help guys. I probably won't start the army, I just thought that the vehicles looked great like many do with Eldar .

Well appreciated.

Hex
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

+ Reply to Thread