a squad or the nobz for a warboss? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -38 (x0)

a squad or the nobz for a warboss?

which is perferable a warboss with in a squad of your favorite boys or a body guard reutine. i have used both but with the squad their is a problem i cant overlook that is the mixed armour rule so my boss would be the first to go. granted this could be a blessing saving your boyz for mor attacks in a assault but the points he has (incuding the model its self) would be flushed down the drain. i was wondering what your thoughts were.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That doesn't make sense. Unless he's in a squad of less than one, mixed armor rule wouldn't make him die first. Mixed armor rule says that whatever the majority armor save is is the one thats used against shooting. And if they're shooting, the boss can't be picked out because he's in a squad unless you must make more saves against fire from one unit than there are people in your squad, in which case he chooses one guy who must save. Even then, you choose what against.

And if you're in CC, when the boss can be picked out, being an IC, he uses his own armor. For that reason you want either mega armor and cybork body (if in a mega armor unit) or heavy armor, cybork body, and bionic bonce (for a 3/5 save). It sounds like you haven't checked up on the rulebook recently and got taken for a ride.

But to the actual question, it's a matter of points. Points are tight? Squad, definately. Try to put them in a trukk to get stuck in quick, and give the nob a PK/choppa combo (as all nobz should have). If you've got more points than you know what to do with, give him 4 mega armor nobz and put them all in a trukk (or wagon and a bigger squad) and watch your opponent soil himself trying to kill it. If you don't have that many pints but still have enough for a nob squad, give em all eavy armor, give a few PKs and burnas (not on the same guy) and put 2 doks in. While you lack the trouser-soiling power of a mega armor bodygaurd, they're still tough to be unstuck against their will.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: Are you wounded?
    Clouseau: No. Fortunately I was saved by the darkness.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: So what we need is more light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -38 (x0)

so its the majority first. ok i lost my mind sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I prefer him in a squad as i don't like the points sink of the large nob unit. My experience has been people hit my nobs with every lascannon they can, making the fact they have 2 wounds useless. Although he can be picked out in combat i've had losts of success utilizing the 2 inch kill zone rule and making my opponent remove from the kill zone instead of the back. That way the other orks help out and put the hurt on before they get to swing back. Down side is any smart opponent takes out the boys by the warboss first.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I have to favour putting my Warboss in with a Nobz mob and then loading them into a wartrukk with armour plates and a red paint job.

You can assault straight out of an open topped vehicle so you can roar across the table and get stuck in straight away with maximum impact. A boyz mob using the same tactics wouldn't have the same crushing impact on your opponent.

To make this affordable in smaller games I actually have two "Warbosses". My proper Warboss in his Mega Armour and loaded up with wargear and a "Bigboss" who is in 'eavy armour with significantly less kit.

I justify this in my Kult of Speeds fluff by simply saying that Da Boss has got betta fings ta do then fight in little poxy scraps, he lets da Bigboss take care of da little scraps while he gets ready for da big WAAAGHS :w00t:
    Don't hate Da Playa, hate Da Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    :w00t: Hooray for ass monkeys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squig69 View Post
    To make this affordable in smaller games I actually have two "Warbosses". My proper Warboss in his Mega Armour and loaded up with wargear and a "Bigboss" who is in 'eavy armour with significantly less kit.

I justify this in my Kult of Speeds fluff by simply saying that Da Boss has got betta fings ta do then fight in little poxy scraps, he lets da Bigboss take care of da little scraps while he gets ready for da big WAAAGHS :w00t:
    Warbosses are a 0-1 choice, not 1+ anymore, read the errata.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Osaria View Post
    Warbosses are a 0-1 choice, not 1+ anymore, read the errata.

I know about the restrictions on Warbosses, the two of them never show up on the battlefield at the same time. The "Bigboss" is the warboss that I use for smaller games.

My "proper" Warboss is used for big games. They only ever appear together on paper in my complete mega-army list.

Think of the Bigboss as an alternative or subsitute HQ choice (much like having two sets of points for your Chaper Master, one in Terminator and one in Power Armour).

The Bigboss name is just fluff I created to stop my opponents from saying "Hey I thought Grishnak was your Warboss, who's this git in the 'eavy armour?"

I just smile and say "Dis is Dredgutz, he's Grishnaks Bigboss and second in command."

See uz Orks iz cunnin :yes:
    Don't hate Da Playa, hate Da Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    :w00t: Hooray for ass monkeys!

+ Reply to Thread