Scorpion Exarch, strength 6 or 8? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Scorpion Exarch, strength 6 or 8?

A quick question for you all which has me a bit thumped. In the previous codex the Scorpion Exarch had a naturally high strength to boost via Power Claw but now he has a lower strength but his higher strength comes from the Scorpion Chainsword boost.

Now given the power claw alone he should be strength 6. But because it's only a single handed weapon and can be used in conjunction with the Scorpion Chainsword, does that allow me to bring his strength up to 8.....or even 7 should you wish to add the additional strength after doubling.

"Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Abilities of multiple weapons may not be combined in a single attack. Either you take the +1 strength bonus of the Scorpion Chainsword, or you take the x2 bonus of the Claw. Not both at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x4)

Wow....that was really quick...I was about to add as an edit that while it does not say so directly, under the chainsabers rules it mentions that being used in combinations with the power claw.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Heiromyo View Post
    Wow....that was really quick...
    Easy question. Comes up quite often in the Chaos forums. People always trying to combine the effects of a Daemon Weapon with something else for unknown reasons.

But the BGB has a specific rule disallowing the use of two weapons special effects in any given turn. You can still claim the +1 attack, but never both bonuses of two weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin View Post
    Easy question. Comes up quite often in the Chaos forums. People always trying to combine the effects of a Daemon Weapon with something else for unknown reasons.

But the BGB has a specific rule disallowing the use of two weapons special effects in any given turn. You can still claim the +1 attack, but never both bonuses of two weapons.
    Ah cheers

While it's common in the Chaos forums it doesn't seem to be much of an issue here >.<.....but we do have this post now for future referance

My Showcase
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heiromyo View Post
    Ah cheers

While it's common in the Chaos forums it doesn't seem to be much of an issue here >.<.....but we do have this post now for future referance
    Yes indeed this will be handy. I forsee a lot of questions coming about this one.
    People seem to sudenly dislike the Claw now that is is only S 6, but why?
    My friends still shiver at the thought of 5 Ws5 S6 power attacks.
    I know that the S8 was beautiful for killing spoace marine characters, but S6 still wounds them on 2+.

Hope it helps
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Because I1 neuters him. Not many people reailse it but your scorpion exarch is usually only ever within 2" of 3-4 enemies. If your scorpions kill anything that immediately comes out of your exarchs available kills. So the more your scorpions kill the less targets the exarch has. I hate it when my friend does that to me with his necrons. I can just get the exarch into contact with 1 guy then that 1 guy dies to the normal scorpions. Suddenly my power fist is wasted.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink View Post
    Because I1 neuters him. Not many people reailse it but your scorpion exarch is usually only ever within 2" of 3-4 enemies. If your scorpions kill anything that immediately comes out of your exarchs available kills. So the more your scorpions kill the less targets the exarch has. I hate it when my friend does that to me with his necrons. I can just get the exarch into contact with 1 guy then that 1 guy dies to the normal scorpions. Suddenly my power fist is wasted.
    Then why does everybody take powerfists?
    Wouldn't a powerweapon or in this case chainsabres be more handy?
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

1. Because marines don't rely on initiative as such.
    2. Because when in a tactical squad the rest of the squad isn't going to be denying him targets.
    3. Because of the instant-kill. The ability to stop a rampaging chaplain/chaos lord/autarch with a cheap sergeant is incredible.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink View Post
    Two inches goes a long way in combat, the Scorpions Claw never really comes to a waste and if you think that it's not going to be used in that round then revert back to the chainsword. Fact is a Claw will widen the amount of targets the squad can handle, to be honest a full set of attacks against a toughness 5 or 6 squad is likely not going to kill everyone...thus a scorpions claw comes into play. So it's not weather it can be used in every combat or not but the wider applictation the squad can be put to use with its inclusion. Besides it also makes life easier as a backup weapon should your chainswords fail and it isn't exactly a huge investment in points when Exarchs are concerned.

My Showcase
    New Eldar Tactica

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast