A Heavy Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Heavy Question

I have a question. I am playing in an 1850pt tourney. I have 2 Hammerheads. The question is on the third slot would it be considered cheesey to play another? Right now I have 3broadsides TL and 2 shield drones and people claim I am lame. Do you guys think 3 hammerheads are just as bad? What would be an ideal heavy slot lineup at 1850?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive seen people that use 3 hammerheads in 1500pt games and dont get called cheesy. I think 3 in an 1850 game is fine, and if your opponent wants to complain its his/her own fault for not making their list capable of handling that kind of opposition. Vehicles are a part of any Tau army, and not taking 3 because its 'lame' would just be silly. If your enemy cant see past the fact that by having 3 hammerheads your list is likely to be lacking in another department, then thats your enemies fault for not seeing your weaknesses and being occupied by your strengths.

Just use the 3 hammerheads ... they were made good and people often use 3 for a reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Exodus. I used 2 Hammerheads in a 1000 point game and if I had another I would probably use it in higher point games.

As it stands, on the scale of games you are playing I dont see anything wrong with using another hammerhead, however; I would actually suggest using the broadsides for the sole reason of firepower.

The Broadsides may chew a bit more of your points up, but they are worth it if you stick em in cover with Adv Stab's. That way they have their usual terminator style armour save along with a cover save for those AP1/2 shots that may come their way. I personally think they can do more damage and hopefully be able to put down the railgun fire that will take out the tanks that your hammerheads would otherwise be firing at. This therefore allows the hammerheads to use their submunitions to cause further long-range damage to troops.

Either way though, you cant really go wrong and it certainly isn't "cheesy". If it is well, so is everything else that is Heavy and in your opponents army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Seems fair to me. You can buy a Sky Ray Missile launcher tank and it comes with the railgun too! So you can switch them out. I would probably use the broadsides though for the last slot. I dont see why that is lame. Your opponent is just using that as an excuse for losing. It is efficent and the Tau way. If anyone thinks its cheesy tell them its to go with their wine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

As it is a turney, who cares if it is cheesy... that is the nature of turneys!
    I don't even think it is odd in a friendly game. I would say go for it!
    I didn't know about a railgun in a skyray box! Can other people confirm that? (prefering a PM so we don't get off topic)
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by cebwj View Post
    As it is a turney, who cares if it is cheesy... that is the nature of turneys!
    I don't even think it is odd in a friendly game. I would say go for it!
    I didn't know about a railgun in a skyray box! Can other people confirm that? (prefering a PM so we don't get off topic)
    I have always used 3 HH in 1500pt and 2000pt games and have never been called cheesy for it, and if I was I would take no notice, we have 3 heavy slots in a standards FOC so whats wrong with using them.
    The only problem I ever see is comp scores in some tournies (but I never worry about that either).

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think using three hammerheads is cheezy. But I think you'd be better served to use your third choice for boradsides, unless you knew you wouldn't be facing many tanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Exodus View Post
    Ive seen people that use 3 hammerheads in 1500pt games and dont get called cheesy. I think 3 in an 1850 game is fine, and if your opponent wants to complain its his/her own fault for not making their list capable of handling that kind of opposition.
    I strongly disagree. 3 hammerheads is powerful, it's not their fault if they don't want to play highly competitive lists. Forcing them to do so breaks the game. It results in a metagame where noone even plays orks or daemonhunters.

In Australia we know what's ok and what's not. 3 hammerheads is not ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my own experiences, 3 tanks are to easy to take down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

I'm with onlainari on this, fill that other slot with broadsides or a skyray.

In my area 2 hammerheads/wraithlords/basilisks is pushing the border of cheesy, 3 of such a powerful unit would get you shunned by the players here.

From what I hear it's the same way with hammerheads at British GT's.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast