Necron City Fight Tactics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron City Fight Tactics

I'm going to keep this short. What are good tactics, plans, ideas, and units good for cities of death?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Pariahs- Against a well armored foes, they may come in handy since they can really move of on the enemy with minimal losses.

Immortals-In a city fight, these suckers can hold thier ground well, as well as take it from the enemy.

Flayed ones-Against low Ld, low armor troops, your enemy will fear these killers as the will have a hard time trying to hit them in all that cover.

Warroirs- I would us them in smaller numbers if possible. Why? cuz in a cluster-phobic envoriment like a city fight it is easy to bottle neck an enemy advance in mass. Numbers can work against you very easily.

Wriaths- No one is Safe from these. their ability to move through cover is a blessing. Every city fight necron force should consider at least one Wraith.

Destroyers-Becuase their skimmers they can cruise right over barricades with no penalty and start punishing the enemy.

Scarabs-like the flayed ones, cuz theres a lot of cover it's easier for the to move up on the enemy.

H. Destroyer-yeah right...there even for worthless here.

Tomb snyder-......a tomb what???:huh:

Monolith-Close quarters are good considering the monlith's lack of range. in city fighting they are more vaulble and hard to kill.

Tactic wise- Tactic will change sooooo much depending on the armies and the battlefield. if you want some basics well. Keep your guys in generally small numbers as Large numbers in tight spaces are prone to getting bottle necked. If the enemy wants HtH combat, he'll get it, so be prepared. Think about how you do things if you were in his shoes in order to make a counter plan. Wriaths, destroyers, flayed ones and monlith's portal will be your main source of mobility, use it to your advange.

Thats the best i can do given the Extreme lack of info on the terrian, enemy stats, and no friendly list to examine. Good luck M8.

One a final note, Seems to me the Wraiths and monoliths seem to be gain more value in a city fight due to there abilities and stats.
    Last edited by Bladeweaver; November 25th, 2006 at 20:12.

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Scarabs get a benefit save from cover. Flayed ones move faster through it and wraithes can go through anything making them an extremely powerful and less limted unit in cities of death.

A lot of it depends on your strategems though. Tomb spyders can be wreckers. Sewer rats means that you don't have to bother with veil of darkness and you can move units that get shot a lot on an open baord like pariahs around quickly and hide them in cover. Barricades don't effect any of your vechiles, not even the monolith. Warriors are hard to use as they have a 10 man minimum and at least two squads are neccessary so they may benefit from the smoke grenades from combat engineers.

As for strategies I would use the large groups of warriors, and maybe some immortals to defend the monolith and attack with destroyers, scarabs, wraiths, and possibly some pariahs or a tomb spyder. The limited effect that terrain has on and speed of the destroyers, scarabs and wraiths units mixed with the monolith's portal and sewer rats can make them a very effective hit and run strike force.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go to Necron Index and look for my Tactica written by (me) Edson. The information will have many things you're looking for including Cities of Death tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeweaver View Post
    Monolith-Close quarters are good considering the monlith's lack of range. in city fighting they are more vaulble and hard to kill.
    Not to mention people rarly expect Liths, and they usualy dont bring anything that posses as a threat
    You knock 'em down, and they come right back up again ..... NECRONS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When i was playing city fight the tow units that made the difference were wraiths and destroyers.

The wraiths because they move through anything

The destroyers where unbelievably effective when the plunging fire choice

If you take pariahs take sewer rats, it helps them get into close combat
    My Armies
    Eldar 11-1-1
    Necrons 9-1-2

+ Reply to Thread