How much do the Eldar hate the DE? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much do the Eldar hate the DE?

So the Dark Eldar are the black sheep relative from hell...making ammo out of grandpa, putting uncle Fred the warlock in the gladitorial pit with a genestealer, etc...but how thick is blood?

Would the Eldar rather work alongside the humans than thier dark kin? Rather die than go to the Dark Eldar for help?

Eldar revere Harlequins, and Harlies will work with DE, that's the only indirect positive association I know of.

The background pretty much only gives negative examples, telling us who hates who and how much. They don't say much about how well different organizations/races get along. (it's a wargame, so this makes sense)

If anyone can point out 'official' accounts of Eldar and Dark Eldar getting along, I'd be very curious to know about them. I'm also curious about opinions: how far down on the Farseer's 'People we hate' list are would/should the DE be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

I don't have any proof but I don't believe we loathe them the way we do say Orks or Necrons (or Mon-Kreigh). We have pursued the same goals before (eye of terror). I think on a large level the relationship is more akin to an older brother who watches his younger sibbling going down the wrong path, he feels bad about it and wishes he could do something to help, but he can't. IMO at least.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Medusa V there was an account of Dark Eldar, Eldar, and the Harlequins fighting alongside each other in an effort (I believe) to dislodge an Imperial Garrison. Its probably posted here in the forums somewhere (In fact, I may have been the one to post it), but I just can't tell you where it was right now.
    Kai Shin Craftworld (Biel Tan / Ulthwe) 5000 pts
    Emperor's Children 2000 pts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

I semi-disagree. I believe that the Dark Kin are only just above Chaos and Necrons in their "We hate you" list.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    I don't have any proof but I don't believe we loathe them the way we do say Orks or Necrons (or Mon-Kreigh).
    The Eldar have little against Orks, as they're just another race. Their main enemies are Necrons and Chaos.
    And BTW, it's "Mon Keigh". This means lesser race, and is normally actually directed at humans.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    I think on a large level the relationship is more akin to an older brother who watches his younger sibbling going down the wrong path, he feels bad about it and wishes he could do something to help, but he can't.
    I believe the Eldar would prefer to ally with Imperials or Tau over their Dark Kin any day. Their Dark Kin goes against everything the Eldar believe in, and are truly monstrous and torturous. Every day they are feeding She Who Thirsts, the Eldar's great enemy. IMO it's a bit like if your younger brother went on a murderous rampage and killed every member of your family and was after you next.
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

I believe that the Eldar hate the Dark Eldar. Eldar hate chaos more than any other faction and feel that necrons and cahos pose the most threat. Dark Eldar for the most part are chaos. I'm sure that Eldar would work with the just bearable Mon'keigh, who they feel are a lesser race that pose very little threat, against the Dark Eldar who were their own kin gone traitor.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if there is a direct reference, but its been hinted at many a time, but craftworld and exodite eldar use the spirit circuit (or derivitive) to keep there souls from slaanesh, the dark eldar revel in there obsenity in a hope to appease slaanesh.

If u knew u were going to hell, wouldn't you try to get on the devils good (or bad) side??

Rant asside, what i'm basically saying is the DE's have allied themselves with Chaos, and would most likely be hated more than anything else (mon-keigh wouldn't know any better)

Appologies if the religeous bit offends anyone, but i thought it put the point across for all to understand.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

I think we'd be more likely to work with them than mon -keig.

..but we still hate them.

However on the table I find myself generally pitying them. I've never actually seen dark eldar win....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by PaRaSiTe_X92 View Post
    The Eldar have little against Orks, as they're just another race. Their main enemies are Necrons and Chaos.
    And BTW, it's "Mon Keigh". This means lesser race, and is normally actually directed at humans.
    Actually the Eldar have a long standing hatred of the Orks. Biel-Tan clashes with Orks more often than with any other race, and I think the same has been said of Samhain. And I know what Mon Keigh means (I did misspell it though) I added it in parenthese to add that I believe we'd prefer to ally with the Dark Kin over the humans. No matter how bad the Dark Kin might be they're still Eldar (and thus supperior to anyone else).

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    I think we'd be more likely to work with them than mon -keig.

..but we still hate them.

However on the table I find myself generally pitying them. I've never actually seen dark eldar win....
    Don't pity them on the table too much, if they're played by a good and experienced player they don't often loose. More than any other army they have the ability to take the fight to their opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would be hard to say. The Eldar always seem to do whatever most helps them further their goals (most of the time this is the survival of their species). Armageddon is a perfect example. One of the only things that I think COULD bring the Eldar and Dark Eldar together is the Harlequins. After that, they would probably ally with Humans. An alliance with Orks, Necrons, or Chaos would be EXTREMELY unlikely.

Would Eldar be likely to ally with Tau? I've never heard of them having anything against eachother, unless the Tau tried making them join their empire.
    "What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."
    - Farseer Eldrad Ulthran of Craftworld Ulthwe

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion_062 View Post
    Would Eldar be likely to ally with Tau? I've never heard of them having anything against eachother, unless the Tau tried making them join their empire.
    Eldrad Ulthran had a thing for the Tau, considering them (almost) what the Eldar should've been.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast