Necron destroyer armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron destroyer armies

I going to a tournament on the weekend and i thougt a lot about the Necron all Destroyer army and i wanna ask the pros of u how to defeat that army?

Normal list will lose i think because of their range and speed.

The only list i could thought of which could maybe keep up with is a gunboat army with 11 raider and 3 ravagers all with dissies and horrorfexes but thats not an army i wanna play just because of that stupid necrons

i am a fan of the WWP armies but i still need a lot to learn. Maybe some of u guys could show me some genius delivering systems

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

There's a 2 Monolith and 12 Destoryer list at our tournaments. I haven't been able to play him yet but I can't wait. I think it will be extremely easy to make him phase out with my standard tourney list (4 blasters, 9 Dark Lances, 6 Disintegrators).
    Why do you anticipate problems?

The two standard WWP delivery systems:
    Hamonculous acting alone on foot (often just behind a foot squad that is advancing)
    Sybarite in a foot squad of about 15 warriors

variations on a theme are:
    Hamonculous w grotesques in a Raider
    Sybarite in a Raider (universally rejected as a bad idea, but possible if you so wish)
    Archon attached to some other squad in a Raider
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok first i am talking about an all destroyer list 15 destroyer with 9 heavy ones.
    So the problem is he will hide his warriors in the back behind size 2 or 3 terrain, so he will hide his destroyers behind size 2 terrain with so ur snipersquads can't do anything. After that he move 12" and shoot. So u will probably loose 3 snipersquads and ur ravagers. if u play against someone who can guess the distance then he will kill ur snipersquads and stay out of range of the other snipersquads he just goes from one flank to the other. he has the mobility, weapons + the range soo it wont just be so easy as u said.

my list has 16 DL, 6 blasters soooo.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

In that scenario it sounds like your snipers weren't in cover. Killing 30 troops in cover is pretty tough for only 24 models, assuming they all come out into los. And while it's not uncommon to lose a Ravager 1st turn if it's not behind cover, and even sometimes when it is, it is rare to lose both (my list has 2).

Admittedly I've never fought this type of army in action before, the most I've had to deal with were 6 destroyers and 3 heavies, and they weren't a problem at all. But given a 48" wide table, a minimun 12" deployment zone and 25% terrain coverage I don't think he'll be able to keep all 24 out of range while still maintaining los. In fact I think it's just as likely that there will be fire lanes with 18-24" los that he could be forced to use.

If he stacked everything on one flank and managed to get 1st turn then he might be able to roll you up. And since 15 of his units deploy last (I think destroyers are FA) you might not be able to counter that deployment stratagy. but deploying 24 flying base models on one flank will garuntee they aren't all out of los or range and will probably be in range of a 2nd turn assault.

Given his mobility I think I would deploy in such a way as to cover my Raiders in turn 2. That means deciding up front where my Raider's first move will be and then place my units to cover fire lanes accordingly so that if he comes out to shoot the raiders he'll be in jeopardy and I can make him pay for shooting the Raiders.
    An unorthodox 1st turn move might be to advance everything together, so that if he moves into los you will defacto have range. It means the snipers can't shoot the turn they move but if as you say he is out of los anyway then it's more important to give him multiple threats to shoot.

The tactic of hiding units at the table edge out of los just so they don't die and cause phase out is not very sporting, I'd rate him a 0 or maybe a 1 depending on how the rest of the game went.

And of course if they use the HoH scenarios then the special deployment and reserve scenarios will sometimes prevent him from using some of those tactics you mentioned.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...maybe this is just me but....since when can you have destroyers as troops???

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@omnissiah Destroyers are Fast Attack

@medic hmmm my snipers were in cover but thats not always so easy in germany on the tournaments i was they used very less cover so i dont know how u can hide ur raider so they got to move and shoot. most of the table is 5+ cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by sexyasi View Post

@medic hmmm my snipers were in cover but thats not always so easy in germany on the tournaments i was they used very less cover so i dont know how u can hide ur raider so they got to move and shoot. most of the table is 5+ cover.
    they use less cover in germany?
    don't they realise that that gives an unfair advantage to certain armies?
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have always said that to the tournament organsisators....
    size 3 terrain is very less here, know i know y some of u guys play without WWP its only possible if u have enough terrain, i ve always read the threads in here and didnt understand how u can play those list

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

i have always said that to the tournament organsisators....
    size 3 terrain is very less here, know i know y some of u guys play without WWP its only possible if u have enough terrain, i ve always read the threads in here and didnt understand how u can play those list
    Gauss cannons are Str6 hvy 3 the way I remember, so they instakill grotesques thus the WP is a very risky idea in this case. I dunno why anyone would want to play with nothing but destroyers, its boring and stupid in my opinion. But if this is the case, then I would consider the following:

2 jetbike drachons, their speed and agoniser will take anything down, and in CC each will probably kill at least 2 destroyers before finally being killed.

Wyches are useless against destroyers so I wouldnt even consider them.

Troops, best thing I would consider is two types of warrior squads, the firesuport teams and the advancement teams. The firesupport teams would be sitting in cover from turn one(10 men with lances) and covering the rest of your army with 36" long firing support. Meanwhile the advancing teams would be equiped with 2 splinter cannons and 2 blasters, meaning they could fire all 4 on the move to achieve maximum damage.

Also I would consider raiders with 10 men equiped with a dark lance and a blaster, thus you have 3 lances and a blaster for up close.

Talos - dont even bother

Ravager - I would consider all disie combo, lances have ony 3 shots and if you are really desperate you can just use the maximal disie burst to take out more the one destroyer with a Str7 shot.

When facing an army like this, ou options are very limited so you should share your tactic with us before you go to battle...

My 2 cents...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then how could you have an army with only destroyers (in all forms) as was hinted, nay, stated in privious posts?

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

+ Reply to Thread