ripper swarms protecting fexes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ripper swarms protecting fexes

well after some discussion about the list i posted. i came up with an idea.

i was planning on using my rippers as an assault screen in front of my fexes, but i remembered how tau players will fully encircle there crisis suits with a seperate drone squadron. (not many tau players do it, but ive done it and it works great.)

anyone ever tried to circle your fexes in rippers to protect them from assault?
    just move them all together.

if the rippers do get assaulted then at least the fex (if CC based) will get to counter charge instead of taking all those assault hits.
    or the fex (if shooty) could just walk off and keep shooting and let the rippers pile in and tie up that unit for a while.

its not exactly what my original plan was, but its close.

i think it could work

any thoughts?

Last edited by micah; November 28th, 2006 at 20:38. Reason: changed some wording
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by micah View Post
    well after some discussion about the list i posted. i came up with an idea.

i was planning on using my rippers as an assault screen in front of my fexes, but i remembered how tau players will fully encircle there crisis suits with a seperate drone squadron. (not many tau players do it, but ive done it and it works great.)

anyone ever tried to circle your fexes in rippers to protect them from assault?
    just move them all together.

if the rippers do get assaulted then at least the fex (if CC based) will get to counter charge instead of taking all those assault hits.
    or the fex (if shooty) could just walk off and keep shooting and let the rippers pile in and tie up that unit for a while.

its not exactly what my original plan was, but its close.

i think it could work

any thoughts?

Yup...it works...in fact, quite a few Zilla lists I see field rippers as screens for fexes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

If you want to give people a surprise use Rippers with leaping and jump in their faces. While they are poking around looking for a way to get the Carnifex they may be very vunerable to this, or call off the assault altogether.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! I have been very pleased with my leaping Rippers since I started taking them. They are nicely effective, the extra cost per base is worth it.

+ Reply to Thread