Slightly confused about Kroot Rifle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slightly confused about Kroot Rifle

Flipping through the Tau codex I noticed that kroot rifles also count as a close combat weapon, I didn't see the kroot equiped with another one handed weapon to get an extra attack. Did I miss something or do they not claim the two one-handed weapon bonus?

Kai Shin Craftworld (Biel Tan / Ulthwe) 5000 pts
    Emperor's Children 2000 pts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

The Kroot rifle is treated like two one handed weapons in CloseCombat. All them blades and such, evil yet functional.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plus they go all twirly batt-lif klingon style on you.

But yeah, it's a normal (fairly good) two-handed rifle, but they cout as having two CC weapons.

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

The only thing that could make the kroot rifle even more cool would be if it was assault instead of rapid fire. But yes it counts as two cc weapons because of the blades and the special muscularity of the kroots
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SwEet

Oh if they were assalt ooooo that would be sweet, or wat if the vespids could get a second cc they could be in there in a turn or 2 ready to cut up the enamy but

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, because of having blades on both ends of the kroot rifle, and the Kroot's ability to make fast, strong, but short movements, they can basically hit with both ends of the gun in a fraction of a second, giving them the effect of having a second cc weapon.

At first, I thought that this was a stupid rule, why not just give them a second attack in their profile? But, then later I realized that you can give certain Kroot (like the shaper) weapons other then the Kroot rifle, so they wouldn't have the blades on both ends (I don't think something like a Pulse Carbine would make a very good double-bladed sword.)
    I play my 40k with friendly fire.
    Finally fixed the link!

+ Reply to Thread