Just Some Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Commissar_Malevich's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just Some Warriors

Ok so I've gotten myself a total of nine warriors. 3 are currently equipted with scything talons and deathspitters while the other three are to be equipted with rending claws and scything talons. Now my last set of warriors unfortunatly lack both rending claws and scything talons.

What I am asking all of you is what should I stick on these last three warriors? Any biomorph selection suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deathspitters, eh?
    I'd stick one more Warrior into that brood, armed with Rending Claws and a Venom Cannon for sniping light vehicles. The VC & Rending Claws would make the Deathspitter brood into a more dangerous unit.

Of course, you lack the claws & scytals... and you apparently want to run them as a separate brood.

So for the last 3 as a separate brood... Keep them cheap, IMO, just run with Enhanced Senses and Extended Carapace, plus twin-linked Devourers. Adding more than one type of ranged weapon onto Warriors is pretty much a waste since they can only fire one weapon-symbiote. No huge need for Toxin Sacs, and they'd make the Warriors needlessly expensive while gunning down basic enemy infantry since the Devourers have Living Ammunition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by eater of corn View Post
    So for the last 3 as a separate brood... Keep them cheap, IMO, just run with Enhanced Senses and Extended Carapace, plus twin-linked Devourers. Adding more than one type of ranged weapon onto Warriors is pretty much a waste since they can only fire one weapon-symbiote. No huge need for Toxin Sacs, and they'd make the Warriors needlessly expensive while gunning down basic enemy infantry since the Devourers have Living Ammunition.
    Can't remember you can make 2 Devourers choises to make them Twin-linked. If this is true, it's time to start stripping away the scyting talons then
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Devourer warriors (even twin-devourers) really don't work very well. The lack of range, lack of AP, and lack of strength really doesn't make up for the number of shots. They might be effective vs. Imperial Guard, but from my experience they just don't make their points back and often die before they get to fire a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar_Malevich View Post
    Now my last set of warriors unfortunatly lack both rending claws and scything talons.
    ?

Every warrior comes with talons.

I dont think you said you plan to equip any with two sets of talons (its a terrible choice too); so you should have the talons these last three, if not the claws.

But if you dont have any talons, i guess you could try twinlinking devourers or deathspitters.
    I've never tried either of those, but they seem like bad choices.

I like devourer warriors, with TS and a BS in the group. For me they are usually a pretty low priority for enemy shooting. They are quickly outrun by your faster bugs, who will hopefully get into a position to charge in the next turn, and thus soak up enemy fire. This leaves my devourer warriors free to shoot.

+ Reply to Thread