Would this be a good start? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would this be a good start?

I'm planning on having 'Nids be my second army, and this is what I was planning on starting with:

3x Tyranid Battleforce
    Hive Tyrant
    3x Zoanthropes

This would put me up to 24 hormagaunts, 24 termagaunts, 24 genestealers, 9 warriors, 3 'fexes, the tyrant, and the zoanthropes. I figure this would be a good start to either a swarm or 'zilla army(or both). Unfortunately I wouldn't have any ripper squads, but from what i've seen the only way to get those is to buy hundreds and hundreds of gaunts, since the only place i've seen them is hte single ripper swarm you get in the gaunt set.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to buy the codex first and post a list so that you can recive more specific advice as to wether the above box's would be a good purchase for your army.

I would worn however that you would not be able to build a good zilla list from the above figures as you would need multipal fex's (up to 6) and 2 Hive tyrants. Also the guants are less signifiacant in a zilla list as you wouldnt have enough synapse.

For ripper swarms you can look on ebay for tyranid bits, battle wagon usualy has several for sale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I had purchased exactly what you have listed. I bought everything randomly and I learned my lesson for my second army. That would be a great start and make sure you magnetize your fexes and the tyrant too, maybe even the warriors if you have enough magnets.

There are enough models, if I recall correctly, to make 5 ripper bases(3 rippers on each base) in each battle force. So you would end up with 15. However, they only come with 3 bases so you would need 6 extra medium bases total.

As a tip, the 3rd edition tyrant makes a better looking flying tyrant than the 4th(IMO). So if you are planning on going winged then get a 3rd edition on ebay for super cheap.
    Tyranids: 4000
    Tau: 725

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

The battleforce includes 2 or 3 ripper bases each, thus you are up to 6-9 with 3 BF.

With 3 carnies, 3 zos, and a HT, you are already well on the way to a MC list if you so choose, and having 24 gaunts, 24 hormies (or more gaunts if you use magnets) along with the GS gives you a nice range of gear.

Or, you can go all mean and shooty-ht, 3 squads of 3 warriors, 1 dakka fex, 2 gun fex, 3 zoes and gs/gaunt backup. Very similar to my usual lists.

Two thumbs up in my book.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good although if you have the money I would buy either another Tyrant and a couple tyrant guard, or a broodlord. My preference is the tyrant...I have yet to run a list that hasn't fielded 2...usually one flying and one walking with 2xdevourers.

+ Reply to Thread