armour plates are they worth the points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -38 (x0)

armour plates are they worth the points

i did the math and they only work 16-17% of the time. and i was wondering if using armour plates was worth the pts.

Last edited by Lord Yossanrion; December 3rd, 2006 at 03:59.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With buggies I generally don't give armour plates, but with trukks and looted tanks I usually give them it.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES!

They ignore hits on a 6, so yeah, about 16%ish.

But, when it kicks in, you'll be glad for it. I personally despise the ork players here for armour plates... >_>
    [Table 1-1: Signature] D6: 1 (nothing) 2 (quote) 3 (image) 4 (WLD record: relevant game [table 1-2]) 5 (internet meme) 6 (Critical Sig: roll 2 more times)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

I love armour plates, they always seem to pull through for me when I need them most. (My opponent once got a pen six against my dakkawagon, and then my armour plates rolled a six and negated it, made him so mad he forgot to fire with everything else and ended his turn...)

Remember that its such a cheap investment that for for every six trukks you have them on only one has to work once to pay back the points for all of them combined. That fact is what always sways me to taking them on my vehicles, when I use a list with vehicles.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -38 (x0)

what about bionic arm thats not worth it is it? granted its a 9 pt gear choice if you dont buy both a slugga and a choppa but just the choppa i could buy anither ork and have 4 attacks on the charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The arm is good but not neccesary. It's not just an extra attack, it's an automatic hit at I6. Don't expect it to sweep the tide of a fight, but everything helps.

And plates. Yes. Take them. On EVERYTHING. This goes double for buggies, except you can't take them twice. Grot riggers and armor plates make vehicles unexpectedly durable (for both sides). No, they don't always come through, and facing a horde of bolter hits is still bad news, but it seems to work at the best times, like when you face lascannons or multi-meltas.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: Are you wounded?
    Clouseau: No. Fortunately I was saved by the darkness.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: So what we need is more light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yer put plates on more or less every vehical. and a bionic arm is good if you have a power claw and kustom shoota coz then you still get the bonus for 2 ccw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by lord opium View Post
    yer put plates on more or less every vehical. and a bionic arm is good if you have a power claw and kustom shoota coz then you still get the bonus for 2 ccw.

I find them both highly useful. The plates are the best option available to any tank in the game! For a small investment you give your vehicles a invulnerable save against anything. Plus the look on your opponents face is worth the points as well.

The bionic arm I find is a necessity for any warboss. The I6 is ok but for the additional attack when in mega armor its important!
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because riggers and armor plates are random, the more vehicles you have with those pieces of wargear the better.

So a Speed Freak army with 10 Trukks will get a lot of mileage out of this stuff, whereas an army with a single looted Leman Russ won't find a lot of use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MouseC112 View Post
    The bionic arm I find is a necessity for any warboss. The I6 is ok but for the additional attack when in mega armor its important!
    You can't take the bionic arm with mega armour dude, it say in the wargear part of the codex last line under Bionik Arm. Quote "This may not be combined with mega armour" End Quote

As for armour plates i play Kult of Speed and i Love them every thing has them in my WAAAGH, and it's fun when a Tau railgun hits a trukk and then you roll a 6 HA HA silly Tau.
    Fast is the only way to be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast