New to 40K help w/ LOS and Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to 40K help w/ LOS and Warriors

Since I am new to 40K here's my question. Since Warriors/HT... are taller than most gaunts can they be targeted behind gaunts when the base of the larger model is completely blocked by the smaller(s)?

I tried reading the LOS rules but that are a bit obscure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

As I understand it, vehicles and monstrous creatures (carnifex, hive tyrant, red terror, old one eye) block line of sight as appropriate for base size / etc. Units, however, no longer block line of sight at all.

This is to say that if I have 10 gaunts in front of 10 gaunts, my opponent can shoot the back group of gaunts all day long as long as he passes a priority check and as long as they are in range. It used to be, apparently, that you COULD block, which made units like genestealers and fast warriors MUCH better, b/c you could hide them behind a big gaunt screen, and your opponent would have to kill all the gaunts to get to the nastier units. This is no longer the case. Monstrous and vehicles block, using actual line of sight on the field from unit to unit to determine if a unit is blocked, but regular units regardless of height do NOT block each other (so you can't block gaunts with a warrior either).

+ Reply to Thread