Hit and Run HQ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hit and Run HQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hit and Run HQ

I read in the rulebook that if an independent character joins a squad that doesnt have certain special rules (such as hit and run) then he loses that ability. So am I right to believe that if I wanted to join a Crisis commander with say..a kroot squad, he couldn't jump out of combat using special gear?

KROOT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he could join a kroot squad anyways. I might be wrong though

But ya, If he joins a squad without that skill he does lose that ability, you could just keep the HQ and another unit together without actually having him join it
    Last edited by MekX; December 5th, 2006 at 01:23. Reason: had more stuff to say

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just thought it would be cool to join my HQ to a kroot squad to bolster the leadership for a turn, then hop out at the end of his assault and shoot whatevers left. Oh wells it was a nice strategy when I thought of it but wont work per da rulez. =d
    KROOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've seen another person on this forum who likes to use Kroot as much as me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MekX View Post
    I don't think he could join a kroot squad anyways. I might be wrong though

But ya, If he joins a squad without that skill he does lose that ability, you could just keep the HQ and another unit together without actually having him join it
    There is nothing I can see that says a Commander cannot join a Kroot squad, his rules say he may join 'Other units' no specifics just other units.

As to the hit and run, yep if he joins a unit he would lose hit and run, but he would not lose the feel no pain special rule if he has it) or the skilled rider or move through cover special rules(all IC's get these as standard) , conversley any unit with infiltrate will lose the benefit if joined by a commander.
    Hope that helps.

Edit: I love Kroot, I have always used em, stood up for em, put forward there uses and benefits and even created a tactica for em which can be read on this very forum, I love Kroot hounds and I always take at least 2 units of Kroot and houds, yeahI think I like em as much as you dude:yes:
    Last edited by Rikimaru; December 5th, 2006 at 01:38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    There is nothing I can see that says a Commander cannot join a Kroot squad, his rules say he may join 'Other units' no specifics just other units.
    Yah, but that's like saying an Eldar HQ can use fleet of foot on a jetbike since it doesn't say he can't.

But like I said before I'm not entirely sure if he could or couldn't. All I'm saying it doesn't make much sense for a Tau HQ to join with such savages like the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just tryin to think of good ways to tie up fast assault units screaming in toward my nice elite units. If I cant join a kroot unit and jump out again (I cant) I might have to playtest a unit of vespids. Everyone says they are craptacular, aaand I guess they are sorta, but they dont look SO bad on paper...just need some proper terrain use. Man Im really not convincing anyone am I?

Hmmf.. Does anyone else feel like we need another codex already? I wish they could at least change the points values for the new stuff we just got, or just make em better.
    KROOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about those vespids, they'd make a great counter assault unit, keep em in cover around your expensive troops until some jerk face comes in to try to get you in combat, then pop out the vespid and let fly a crap load of AP3 shots. That'll show 'em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to be rules lawyer., but does say jetbikes can fllet of foot becuase of their save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your wrong, so your trying to tell me that this guy gets off his jetbike, and pushes it D6 inches, because he has fleet of foot because of his save? It's called fleet of foot... if they're on a jetbike then they are not on foot. I guarantee you if you try to pull that crap at any GW tourney your gonna get called out.
    Last edited by MekX; December 5th, 2006 at 05:34.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast