Expanding my army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expanding my army

So I went out a got some DE stuff and have had a couple of 800 point games. They have really impressed me thus far. Maybe it's because my opponents were not prepared to face off against such an agile army with great heavy weapons.

I currently have around 40-50 warriors, both lord models, 2 raider transports, 1 ravager. I wanted to get some wyches but the shop said they could not get them in. At the moment I am just proxying with spare warriors, the same goes for inucbi.

Now I am wondering what I should add in to bring my army up to the 1500 mark. Keeping in mind I will be buying slowly what do you guys reccommend? I like the look of the haemoculi and think they might be a better choice for my army in smaller battles but do they have a place in larger armies?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wyches are ugly, thats why you don't get them. Get Dark Elf Witches and use spare parts from your warrior sprues and there you have it. Nicer looking models too!

If you do get wyches, make sure you have a raider ready for them to mount on.
    Fear the awesome wrath of The ANZAC Clan!!!

Aussie Bogan: Beer Drinking, Steak Eating, Thong Wearing Maniac!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Good advice from Aussie Bogan. Wyches are the next step, being one of the best buys in our codex. Incubi are also fairly highly rated, although some people seem to believe that you normally take Wyches OR Incubi. I'm not one of those people, and think they can co-exist quite happily. They'll need the raiders though, as the Bogan said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aussie bogan View Post
    Wyches are ugly, thats why you don't get them. Get Dark Elf Witches and use spare parts from your warrior sprues and there you have it. Nicer looking models too!

If you do get wyches, make sure you have a raider ready for them to mount on.
    That sounds like a good idea. They are not exactly cheap but I might be able to find them on ebay. The list of stuff for DE on ebay is pretty poor when compared to other armies. I would of thought people would have lots of spare stuff as I was told they were in an old box set some time ago.

I currently have 2 raiders and am thinking about getting another as I like the idea of having a lot of troops getting to the enemy very quickly. Its how I see the DE in my mind. I don't have enough experience to know how well this will work against my enemies however as both chaos players I fight just sit there in a typical boring manner and fire off all their weapons. I wish they experimented more and played with other tactics!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

If you are asking what to buy so that you can make some variable lists in the 1500 point range then just have on hand the following:
    4 Raiders
    2 Ravagers
    2 Talos
    60 Warriors (4 dark lances, 4 splinter cannons, 4 blasters, 2 shredders)
    2 lords
    20 wyches
    6 incubi
    5 Reaver Jetbikes

If you are asking how should you expand your current list economically then you'll need to nail down what type of army you are fielding before we can knowingly offer relevant suggestions. If you have a WWP army you will need less Raiders and may very well want Hamonculi to carry the portals. If you have a foot slogger army you will also need less Raiders but more warriors. Shooty vs Assault vs Balanced, etc.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i like the sound of the wwp army. At the moment I could just about put together a 800 point army with the models I have assembled. All I have been playing with is a lord, a squad of wches on a raider (proxied with warriors) and a ravenger and two sniping squads. I'd like to get more of my troops in to combat and rely on lots of warriors so I quite like the sound of the wwp army. That being the case what should I purchase?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by medic_4077 View Post
    If you are asking what to buy so that you can make some variable lists in the 1500 point range then just have on hand the following:
    4 Raiders
    2 Ravagers
    2 Talos
    60 Warriors (4 dark lances, 4 splinter cannons, 4 blasters, 2 shredders)
    2 lords
    20 wyches
    6 incubi
    5 Reaver Jetbikes

If you are asking how should you expand your current list economically then you'll need to nail down what type of army you are fielding before we can knowingly offer relevant suggestions. If you have a WWP army you will need less Raiders and may very well want Hamonculi to carry the portals. If you have a foot slogger army you will also need less Raiders but more warriors. Shooty vs Assault vs Balanced, etc.
    I think medic_4077 has the bases covered here - this is for a well balanced Kabal. Of course if you want to get fancy later on then you can buy those special pieces later.

My only addition would be another raider, you can sub it as a ravager in bigger games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I know that I am going to get some wyches eventually (I don't really like proxying) so its wyches and incubi first, followed by another raider like you said. Ok im off to ebay!

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by plasmaburns View Post
    Well I know that I am going to get some wyches eventually (I don't really like proxying) so its wyches and incubi first, followed by another raider like you said. Ok im off to ebay!
    I personally use OOP howling banshees for my wyches, they look very good especially on the font of incubi. But there is no limit about what models you can use in substitution to wyches...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get 2 more ravagers as your heavy support units because in my opinion from playing and owning all of the heavy support choices - 3 disintegrators, night shield on 3 different ravagers = 27 Strength 4, AP3, MEQ hurty death per turn
    One by one the penguin's steal my sanity!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast