Marker drone bits off GW - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Marker drone bits off GW

I can't seem to find a Markerlight Drone on GW's online site, nor can I find them at your sponsers at the right.
    Does anyone know if I can only get these wonder-drones with stealth suits?

-lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to order them separately from GW direct services. First you need the sprue number. So if you already have one marker light then you are ok there. Call up GW direct services, the number is on their site, you will have to find the one for Denmark(I live in the US so I cant help you there.) And place an order for the marker drone.

They can probably look up the number if you dont have it so dont worry. The shipping will be like $5US or 4Euro or 2pounds(not sure what they charge in other countries) so it may be a good idea to order as many as you plan on buying to save on shipping, rather than order them as your army grows.
    Last edited by daroc; December 6th, 2006 at 23:40.
    Tyranids: 4000
    Tau: 725

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    177 (x2)

Battlewagon Bits Tau Plastic Marker Drone Bits Stealth Suit

.. found in about 30 seconds by the nice link/advertisement to the right----->

Its a bit expensive, but not as expencive as a Stealth Suit blister pack, thats for sure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easiest way to make them is to simply use either a target lock or spare crisis suit head and slap them on to the bottom of a drone. Then use an extra aerial on the other opposite side of the head, and you'll have what looks like a pretty cool marker drone. I'd post pics of mine, but I can't find my cable that links my camera to my computer. :cry:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Calaban View Post
    Battlewagon Bits Tau Plastic Marker Drone Bits Stealth Suit

.. found in about 30 seconds by the nice link/advertisement to the right----->

Its a bit expensive, but not as expencive as a Stealth Suit blister pack, thats for sure!
    I am sorry, but it seems a bit small (thats why I haven't mentioned it), and I couldn't find any directions, do you need a normal drone or what?
    By not mentioning it, I thought that some FRIENDLY guy would come by and help me unraveling this odd-ball...

Other two, real great posts (rep given).
    Thank you

Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used a regular Drone, Chopped off one of the "barrels" of the carbine to make an "aerial" on one side and used a spare Multi-tracker from a crisis suit as mentioned.

You can make many different looking Marker drones depending on what part you use for the sensor. I Like the multitracker as from the front it has lots of spheres that I painted to look like eyes or sensors... However, the Target lock and Crisis suits heads work equally as well...

The Multitracker requires the aerial on the back to be removed, but this can also be attached elsewhere to make it look more "markery".

Also, you will find the same problem getting shield drones.

These are the easiest to make. Simply take a regular drone, take the bit that you attach the carbines to, trim it to make it round and flatten the end that you stick the flying base into. Then take a shield generator from a crisis suit and attach.

Drill a whole into the center of the shield generator and attach the flying base and voilla you have a shield drone (oh and if you have another antenna from another drone, attach that for the two that the Shadowsun Shield Drone has... otherwise leave it with one and no-one will know any better! :rolleyes: )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    177 (x2)

umm.. was I being unfreindly? (Thats one thing I dont like about this forum, you cant spot a Web Link without moving a mouse pointer over it). Here I thought I was being the most helpfull, providing a link to exactly what you were looking for.
    The sentence in the quote, that is in the original post is the 'hidden' link I was talking about. And it is a complete kit, needing no extra parts.
    Last edited by Calaban; December 8th, 2006 at 01:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm.. was I being unfreindly? (Thats one thing I dont like about this forum, you cant spot a Web Link without moving a mouse pointer over it). Here I thought I was being the most helpfull, providing a link to exactly what you were looking for.

The sentence in the quote, that is in the original post is the 'hidden' link I was talking about. And it is a complete kit, needing no extra parts.
    Unfortunately our method of making your own costs only $2.74 per drone as opposed to $4.99 from Battlewagon :-/ (or $3.28 if you go with the crisis suit head)

Oh and btw, with regards to the gun, I looked at mine last night and realised I actually put the carbine on upside down and trim off the clip...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Well... It seemed a bit unhelpful, and perhaps unfriendly, but now when I see the link, it all makes sense, altough it is not the same drone I found when browsing the adds...
    The drone you got was much better, thank you (rep to you).

Thank you all for the ideas, rather good I must say

Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

+ Reply to Thread