im newb need to talk to the experianced - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im newb need to talk to the experianced

well, im new to 40k i am about to buy my first army and would like to talk to people who are good with eldar and stuff to find out more about the army so if anyone would like to talk to me and help me please add me on aim or msn my aim is tincupzbt my msn is kaylantesterman@msn.com btw my name is zach thanks for anyone who will help me

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Well why don't you just ask the questions you want here. It'd be much easier.

Maybe you're thinking that people who think they know it all will answer and give you wrong advice, but we are all Eldar players, therefore we are all honest, clever gamers (Really! ).
    And anyone who gives you crap advice will be quickly shot down with a shuriken catapult.

Anyway, just ask a question and we will help you with it as much as possible. :w00t:

And welcome to LO. The emergency exits are here, here and here. We hope you enjoy your stay. :yes:
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

More importantly by asking questions in a thread you'll get an aggregate of answers. Any one person may either have some bad ideas or a narrow view of eldar gameplay. Together I think we provide fairly good info.

Default eldar advise, make sure you're army pieces work together and that you can deal with any given threat. Our units don't do it all like a SM tac squad, however they each do what they're good at far better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think there are 3 key points for playing eldar:

1. most units are specialized, i.e. they do incredibly well against some sort of enemy, and really bad against others (or they are used as overkill units, which you should avoid)
    if bulding an eldar list, be aware of what purpose every single unit's specialization. then think of the top priority of every unit during a game and equipp it in the chosen manner.
    this means, don't aim for all-around squads. don't buy equippment that is not neccessary for the unit's role. if you have holes in some part, get another unit which is specialized in it.

2. most eldar units are fragile. this means that even your elite aspect warriors will get eaten by anti-personel fire. however, most units have ways to protect them (guardians+warlock and conceal; warpspiders, hawks, falcons etc.). if possible, avoid wide areas with many enemy fire lines. use mobility to outmanouvre your enemy as well as blocking up LoS (line of sight) by creating close combat situations or using wrecked vehicles.

3. each eldar units supports another and vice versa, e.g. support an scorpian squad with another cc-unit or infantery like guardians and dire avengers. on the other hand, protect a non-cc-unit of being attacked using a cc-unit to countercharge.

well, eldar is not an easy race to win with being a new player, but can also be really awarding when you figure out how play with them. i personaly fancy specialized units alot, as i can be almost sure that they will accomplish the task i chose them for.
    "You'd never imagine how many people would like an electric chair hanging on their wall. Especially if it fits the colour of the wallpaper."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm actually lol i think im gonna go back to wanting to use chaos i found out some interesting things and i rlly like how they work i might get into eldar some next year

+ Reply to Thread