Librarium Online Forums banner

tau vs chaos advice

894 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Mystweaver 
#1 ·
so whats a good way to take down chaos if your useing tau

#2 ·
What kinda Chaos army are you fighting? Death Gaurd, Noise Marines, Khorne Berserkers, 1000 Sons, Black Legion? Knowing that will help determine what specifics you need, but generally speaking, Chaos armies tend to be MEQ heavy, with more big nasties like Demon Princes. Also, this tends to mean there are less models than a regular space marine army, but they will usually be tougher to kill and/or more dangerous.

#3 ·
takin down the marine

ok i just gave advice on how to take out tau w/ chaos so i mightaswell redeem myself by doin the reverse here.

Plasma plasma plasma, i give a plas rifle to every suit i have, slightly modified firknife config
1 suit team - team leader, hw-mt, plas rifle, targetting array, missile pod
at a woppin 77 pts he is rather hard to swallow taking, however he packs the punch, just use the tried and true jsj techniques and you should be fine as long as you dont get into CC or traped.

Stealths are a great distraction, they draw away from the main force of your opponents army, and if you plan it right, right into fire lanes of either a skyray or a hammerhead. Just remember how many pts it costs for that 1 more bs, doin the math it is statistically better just to take another suit but then there is problems w/ hiding them, also i know this might be cheasy but go get yourself a few xv15s... the old stealth and not the hunchback model GW is pumping out now... less you need the fusion blaster which is actually fairly nice way to do it. I wont go into great detail on stealths because i could spend hours on them alone but they are very handy and one of my fav tau units.

Now the hammerhead was mentioned i can go on that. The railgun is a great weapon all around, although not great at killing masses of marines, it will take down armor that would be troublsom. if you want to take out marines throw the ion cannon on your hammerhead or one of then preferably. above 1k i fill all my heavy slots w/ hammerheads, two railhead and one ionhead. Then again i play MEQ so everything in my army can move 12" a turn if it has to. All in all concentrated fire on squads of marines will do them in just like everything else. Dont be upset when an entire squad of fire warriors only take down a marine a turn if that, just force armor saves and he will eventually miss some, even terminators cant make armor saves all day long, although it might seem so

well if you have any questions just ask and i'll try to help as others will
good luck and FOR THE GREATER GOOD

#4 ·
Because chaos is so broad and has so many variations on a theme, we really can't give you any sound advice short of knowing what specifically your opponent plays and point costs would also help to judge what he is likely to field and what you have to work with.

#8 ·
This is a little off topic, but can he feild Abbadon in such a small army? Doesn't the army need to be about 2000 points before he can be a HQ?

And I feel sick when I read that chaos army your going against. :x I hope you win, just to stick it to the beard!!!

#7 ·
Do a feeding frenzy on the Rhino with some Fusion Piranhas and you'll kill whats in the transpot too. The fusion Piranhas are also awesome against those termies, land raider, and berserkers.

Oh yeah, they are good against abaddon too.

In short, bring 3 squads of 2 fusion piranhs with target locks (420 points total) and you'll decimate his entire army by turn 4.

#9 ·
Not sure what Chaos army are the infiltrating ones, but Kroot are great for keeping them from Infiltrating so darn close to begin with. Plus if you push towards the chaos with them (and assault with the kroot), hopefully you will kill a few marines, or the kroot will get masacred. Even better is if the remaining kroot flee... This will (hopefully) mean that when it comes around to your turn again, there are whole load of em standing in the open screaming "shoot me"... Course this could be said for most armies and well... I just like using Kroot as cannon fodder for my assaulty enemies!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.