Interchangable eldar tanks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interchangable eldar tanks

I just had the thought of making my eldar tanks fully interchangable, magnitising mainly the turret base, the turrets so i can change the weapons, the front weapons. I was thinking of leaving the base tank as the wave serpent because i like the longer body, with the prism's sensor and i shall be making my own (removable) sheild generators. I was wondering mainly what sprue's come in the wave serpent box and if it would be cheaper too buy the fire prism kit or the wave serpent kit as the base as the prices for the falcon sprue's are not on the gw website.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wanted to do this, too - unfortunately the wave serpent kit is just metal bits + the falcon turret mount, and falcon boxed sets dont come with parts for a spare turret. (Also, I think the bits to build the falcon turret aren't included in the wave serpent box).
    Which means you're stuck... if you want a wave serpent, you need to buy the whole kit! It would be nice if Forge World were to release a Fire Prism turret option as they have done for the wave serpent weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly, I thought what you are saying was standard practice anyway.

And secondly, have you two even looked on the GW site, you can buy the fireprism turrent via mail order, the thing is you don't glue the gun compartment together, glue the bottom half of it onto the tank, then magnetise the top half of the gun compartment and you should be able to swap weapons, be it the prism cannon or the pulse laser and other weapon option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another advantage of magnetizing weapons is that you can change it throughout your army, at the moment, my tanks, war walkers and heavy weapons platforms are magnetized (or the pieces are lying on my desktop ready to be magnetized) so I can change their weapons as I see fit. My Vypers are glued too struck, but maybe once I have some time to fix that, they will be magnetized aswell.
    When I was your age Pluto was a planet and Wraithlords had D-cannons! Ah, the good old days!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, with the new sprues, with things like weapon platforms and wraithguard, you don't even need to magnetise them, blue-tac works just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is blue-tac?
    When I was your age Pluto was a planet and Wraithlords had D-cannons! Ah, the good old days!

Hunched Over My Workbench, furiously painting away.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

blu-tac is poster putty. Stuff you use for hanging posters up without push pins or similar.

It's pretty standard stuff for figuring out how you want to pose minis, or for temporarily tacking things together (like sticking weapons on for one game).

I personally find that pins in the bases of the new weapons, like on the walkers and wraithlords, hold things on far better and are equally swap-able.
    Baby, when I'm the voice of reason, we've got problems!
    ~artificer

Someone should stop
    Jervis "let's make it easy enough for a 3 year old to play" Johnson
    before he turns 40k into checkers

~anon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I'd be careful trying to magnetise the fire prism pieces - those things are very weighty. If you aren't careful you will end up with a very contrived system just to stop them falling off.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, personnaly I go with those pins aswell. Magnetising is cool and all but often just not practical if some of the weapons are tin. I bought two square brass tubing pieces for a buck and it's enough for 4 times my army over! At least if I would stop being lazy and do it on more then just one vyper and one shurican cannon :sleep:

If you look for the right size you can actualy find a tubing that fits perfectly in the hole of all the plastic heavy weapons. Just a minor piece of green stuff and some superglue just for the hell of it. Equiping my vyper with it took less then five minutes.
    The Morbidos Fleet will reclaim the Eldar empire. This time there shall be no mercy. Let them choke in their own blood!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    I'd be careful trying to magnetise the fire prism pieces - those things are very weighty. If you aren't careful you will end up with a very contrived system just to stop them falling off.
    My dime sized rare earth magnets won't let them go! You can reposition the fire prism pieces and they won't budge. But you do have to fight to get them off after!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast