Godzilla Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Godzilla Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Godzilla Army

Hi I am a returning Nid player, I used to play but stopped and am now back, and using 6 Carnifexes sounds pretty sweet. So I have a question, what if you take three "Heavy artillery" Carnifexes, three Assault Carnifexes, Some warriors for synapse (enough to provide good coverage), and then filling the troops up with four teams of termagants and 2 teams of hormaguants? Does anyone think that this would be a good army? I sort of figured using warrior synapse would be cheaper and farther reaching thatn one tyrant and that termagants would be good to shot, block fire lanes, and are cheap, but whatever! I just need some help, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

It would be a decent list as far as my knowledge goes, two squads of foot warriors and one squad of flying warriors is what I recommend for synapse if your unwilling to use flying hive tyrants.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Scrap the termies and take spinegaunts. Also stealers are a huge boost to a nids list, and a broodlord would be a better HQ choice, but why would you want to leave out a tyrant from a nidzilla list? It just doesnt make sense! What point limit are you aiming for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mech Engr Stu View Post
    Hi I am a returning Nid player, I used to play but stopped and am now back, and using 6 Carnifexes sounds pretty sweet. So I have a question, what if you take three "Heavy artillery" Carnifexes, three Assault Carnifexes, Some warriors for synapse (enough to provide good coverage), and then filling the troops up with four teams of termagants and 2 teams of hormaguants? Does anyone think that this would be a good army? I sort of figured using warrior synapse would be cheaper and farther reaching thatn one tyrant and that termagants would be good to shot, block fire lanes, and are cheap, but whatever! I just need some help, thanks!

I would lose the warriors/termigants and take a couple of tyrants and some genestealers for CC and maybe some ripper swarms if you have the points available to use as a screen in front of your Fexen so they don't get assaulted. Also, you may want to re-read the rules on targeting/LOS. Termigants won't even block LOS to genestealers let alone Monsterous Creatures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience, assault carnies are way too slow to get much use for their pts, considering their movement it would take them at least 4 turns to reach your opponent's deployment zone. Most people (me included) go for the 113 pt "dakkafex" which is +bs and 2 t-l devourers which lays down 8 t-l, reroll wound shots which is a massive infantry killer. Stealers are also a great addition to a godzilla army simply because of the utter lack of synapse godzilla allows for: all of your elite and hs choices are carnies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by tutush View Post
    In my experience, assault carnies are way too slow to get much use for their pts, considering their movement it would take them at least 4 turns to reach your opponent's deployment zone. Most people (me included) go for the 113 pt "dakkafex" which is +bs and 2 t-l devourers which lays down 8 t-l, reroll wound shots which is a massive infantry killer. Stealers are also a great addition to a godzilla army simply because of the utter lack of synapse godzilla allows for: all of your elite and hs choices are carnies.
    I have to agree with him on the CC monstrous critters, these take a hell long to reach their opponents. And most people try to avoid them, so if takes for them quite a long time before they can do at least something else than taking hits.
    But taking only shooting carnifexes, that doesn't really sound al that nice. Wouldn't shooting Tnid warriors do better at shooting? Well, i think that fexes make good tank busters, but for anti infantry, I think that warriors or HT do better? How do the people think about this?
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Xilconic View Post
    Well, i think that fexes make good tank busters, but for anti infantry, I think that warriors or HT do better? How do the people think about this?
    A Heavy Gunfex can one-shot an entire T4 (or less) command squad with a single Barbed Strangler shot, and don't have to worry about scattering (just missing completely).

Dakka 'Fexes fire nearly as many shots with Devourers as a Tyrant, at a slightly higher strength (which means it's more likely to wound... Dakka Tyrants are still better, but Dakkafexes are still quite good).

Don't discount Carnifex shooting. The high strength more than makes up for the slightly-worse-than-warriors BS... and frankly, I rather dislike warrior shooting. It's great at threatening light vehicles, but small blast templates don't intimidate anyone, really (and I really, really don't like weapons with S -1 on Warriors. They're weak enough as it is).

searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x2)

Well, heres how i see it - flying dakka tyrant..

12 shots, can't rembr the strength, I think its 6 or something, re-rolls to hit & re-rolls to would averages at like 3-4 MEQS dead a turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hilly uses an awesome Godzilla list so if u want a good idea at one and how to use it check his battle report:

South Australian Grand Tournament Battle Report (Pics of the South Australian Grand Tournament Battle Report)

He has 2 or 3 others in the battle report section somewhere if ur interested but that list isnt the get all and win all list as hilly himself says. Godzilla lists do have their weaknesses like, things that render or a very mobile army that can move round cover. But Hilly is an awesome general which helps him win stuff.

I think his trick with Godzilla list is loads of wounds. Dont waste point on extended carapace or +T or +SV. Save the points and slam another Carni on the board. An Extra +4 wounds and +6 Tougness on the board that shoots back will show 'em.
    Last edited by w00kie; December 15th, 2006 at 23:48.
    "They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

+ Reply to Thread