Eldar skimmer list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar skimmer list

I've seen alot and of Mech skimmer list Eldar and Tau but I tought kinda like eldar skimmers more *I hate their look on their own but togeter they look ok... also their rules are better* Soooooo... Can you guys tell me:
    Pros and Con
    Do's and Don't's
    Good combo's/Units
    If Serpent of fury is good in mech list...
    What should I put in the Waves Serpent/Falcons
    Should I even put something in the falcons
    Anything else thats important...

Thx

TheEndIsNear

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the Tau wargear, they're not Necessarily worse than eldar skimmers, just... different.

Let's see, first Do's and Don't.
    Always move more than 6". Always.
    Don't be fooled, there isn't a Falcon made that doesn't have holofields and spirit stones.
    Don't put a weapon w/ >str6 on the falcon- it won't count as a defensive weapon and you won't be able to shoot it while oving more than 6"
    Vectored Engines are ok on falcons, but really good on Serpents.

Pros and Cons...
    First, it's very fast. Application of supperior force in localized settings is the key to victory.
    But, you ahve a low model count- face off against a min/maxed Ass Cannon army, and it's not good.

As far as what goes in a falcon-
    Think of a falcon as a "I HAVE to get these 6 models to this place for this reason Now." It's Very good at living, ad the most popular option to ride in a falcon is a group of Fire Dragons. The next most popular, imo, is Harlies. Notice a trend? Both very powerful if somewhat fragile units.
    If I can finangle the points, I Always put something in my falcon, even if it's just a min unit of avengers- if nothing else, last turn drop them off, and zoom the falcon to another table quarter- scoring units FTW.

Serpents of Fury-
    I don't really care for this idea... It seems like there are better ways to use DA's, but I haven't tried it, so I can't decry it entirely. Perhaps it just doesn't suit my style.

What goes in Serpents-
    Banshees are my favourite, and now they're probably followed by DA's.
    Fire dragons in a serpent might be good against a big squad of termies, but against a tank, if you need more than 6, you're already in trouble.

Anyway, time to head out on the town- Good Luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harlies in Falcons? aren't they 0-1 *some one told me that... But can't find where* And since only 6 would 6 Harlies kiss be good? I think I saw the best number of harlies kiss in a harlies squad is 6 on a 10 man squad but I can only take 6 harlies in a falcon so do I go with 6 harlies kiss or 4 *6/10 closest thing 4/6* and should I add anything to the harlies squad *troupe leader or anything...*

Thx

TheEndIsNear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you use Harlies in a Falcon, then they NEED to all have Kisses. A troupe Leader wouldn't be bad either. First turn you fly up 24- 36 inches to get your Falcon into position, then, you disembark them 2 inches out, move 6, fleet d6 and charge another 6, giving you a 15-20 inch move to get to assault. move your Falcon right up to the combat, not only to block in your enemy, but also to *hopefully* be able to consilidate back into it durring your opponets turn.

I however, prefer mass serpents, I've got 5 tooled up serpents in my 2000 point list. Out of the 6 games I've played with it, I haven't lost. Basically, serpents on their own are hard to take down- Vectored Engines, Spirit Stones and their Energy Field will shrug off most fire. But when you put 3 or more out there, with something like a Wraithlord or Avatar to look scary and take more shots, you've streched your opponets Anti-tank capabilities so thin, something is going to make it to his lines.

While FoF may seem superior to what we can do with Serpents and Dire Avengers, they still pack a punch. Because I have 2 units of Avengers and 3 of Scorpions, my Farseers- I run 2- are always busy. But the turn that my Avengers disembark, both imediately Guide their respective squad and Doom their target. Coupled with Blade Storm, this is deadly. In addition to the 33 Twin Linked Shruiken Shots that re-roll to wound, you can also throw in the shots from your Serpents if needed.

Between the sheer speed of a Mech army, and the pace at which you force your opponet to react, I can't see any better way to start Eldar, if you don't mind painting tanks, lots of tanks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also with that what to take as HQ? I tought maybe 2 farseers on jetbike and maybe guide or doom on each... So I can cast one doom on an enemy unit and guide on a on a dire aveger squad with blade storm *Good bye termis/ anything...*

TheEndIsNear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

IF you have the points to spare, a DA squad in serpent is WAY better then a single fillet of fish. Just costs a bit more bit is about 50% more effective and has longer range.
    Dingareth has the right idea of overloading your opponents heavy weapons. I do this all the time with great effect. Then you just silence what he has then you can run rampent through your enemy.

The harlies are awesome in a group of 6 with kisses. Add a troupe leader and thats a lot of power weapon attacks and rends. just watch how you use them so that you don't "strand" them, getting them killed. My last game, my falcon was immobilized and they had to hoof it. Somehow they hoofed it the rest of the way and destroyed 3 squads before being gunned down. If i had got them to where they needed to go they would have slaughtered the opponents entire army!

Please also remember hth combat blocks line of sight up to the height of the participants so getting them early can block lines off fire and cut off there attack plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dingareth View Post
    If you use Harlies in a Falcon, then they NEED to all have Kisses. A troupe Leader wouldn't be bad either. First turn you fly up 24- 36 inches to get your Falcon into position, then, you disembark them 2 inches out, move 6, fleet d6 and charge another 6, giving you a 15-20 inch move to get to assault.
    You mean move, fleet and assault the turn after disembarking, right? cause I was under the impression that you could not assault the turn you disembark from a vehicle..?
    Currently painting The Pink Slaughter (Slaanesh CSM), Waaaaagh Bigtoof (Orks) for 40k/OnePage40k and UCM Ferrum 2nd for Dropzone Commander.
    Gallery:http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/us...tiebestie.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So some thing along: 2 jetbike farseer with doom and guide

6 Waves Serpents with 6 squads of 9 Dire Avengers w/extrach and blade storm

3 squads of 5 harlies and troupe leader in 3 falcons

And everything kitted out...

lol

about like 2500 points me thinks...

TheEndIsNear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

You can assault if the vehicle has not moved. Basically you move to where you want then wait with your guys inside where they are safer, then next turn you can disembark move and assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Avenger View Post
    You mean move, fleet and assault the turn after disembarking, right? cause I was under the impression that you could not assault the turn you disembark from a vehicle..?
    If the vehicle is stationary at the begining at the turn, then yes you can assault. The Land Raider series is the only closed top vehicle is which you can assault out of after moving. So you rush foward the first turn, and then assault on the second, so the drawback is having to stay inside a vehicle that is exposed to enemy fire for a full turn before disembarking on turn 2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast