Box Sets involving eldar? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Box Sets involving eldar?

hey, another question from me.
    i've been wondering, are there any mission box sets involving eldar?
    an example of what i mean by mission box sets are like the battle for maccarge mission box set.

thanks in advance.
    - HERO

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No there's only the macragge set for 4th ed. This'll most likely change when 5th ed comes out in a few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

A box like Macragge with Eldar is a long way coming I think. The new box contains a recently released and a race to be renewed next. At least... look at Fantasy; Dwarves, last released before the 7th edition and Orks & Goblins Right after 7th. I don't know how it was with Tyranids and Space marines since I'm quite new to WH. But I guess with the 4th coming out either one was recently revamped and one was getting revamped next.

Thus Eldar being released now and the 40k 5th edition will take a while to be released, I don't see that coming. Unless GW changes that "policy"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine anything like Macragge ever invloving Eldar, though. Those box sets are made for beginners who want to get the hang of the game. They do it with the 'basic' theme of Warhammer40K: Space Marines. I'd hardly call controlling Eldar easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwithin View Post
    I can't imagine anything like Macragge ever invloving Eldar, though. Those box sets are made for beginners who want to get the hang of the game. They do it with the 'basic' theme of Warhammer40K: Space Marines. I'd hardly call controlling Eldar easy.
    Exactly. Eldar and Tau for example are tougher to play so will never be part of the "starter" pack. I think this was one of the main problems with the dark eldar when they came out. They were a new race in a game that totally changed. To the beginner they sucked as beginners would not use them properly and ended up losing. They are would then jump on to the space marine victory band wagon. Soon no one wanted to be seen with them as they automatically sucked. Since the new set, I've seen dark eldar get WAY more respect, and are way better played.

+ Reply to Thread