What to buy on a limited budget - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What to buy on a limited budget

I've been a Necron player for a while, but I want to start a new army. I thought having the enemy of the necrons and I like the look of the Eldar. There is a combat patrol tourney next year so I thought with x-mas and everything I might look in to Eldar. I have a limited budget so getting a 400pt is not too bad but I'm not sure what to get. I was thinking of getting a box of Striking Scorpions and a Box of Dire Avengers but I would need at least one more box of troops. I was thinking maybe Dark reapers or Swooping hawks or even a box of just Guardians. Any suggestion?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Well, this xmas I'm also getting my Eldar combat patrol.
    I've looked through a lot of options, asked a lot fof people and decided on 9 Avengers, 8 Scorpions and 3 Jetbikes.
    Like all GW stuff, this isn't cheap - £72 to get it all. However, it is fairly competitive and powerful, but also fairly fun.
    Another option would be to swap Jetbikes for 2 War Walkers - this would be more powerful, but I liked Jetbikes, plus it's £12 more expensive.

Hope that helps.
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am both a Necron and Eldar player, and thanks to the new codex I have to replan my entire army seeing as I invested everything into Ulthwe seer council army. I would suggest either Shining Spears or Harlequins, piont for piont I think they are some of the best units in the game. I mean, look at what Space Marines and Choas get for the smae piont cost on a bike, a basic soldier that moves fasta and is a little tougher. Read my battle report versus Khorne and see just how well these two units do.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...n-tactics.html (1500 Eldar vs Khorne: a lesson in tactics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay it brotha (or trade section here)

The "real" answer is to buy an army from somebody getting out of the game. For 400 points you can go new, but if you want an army secondhand is fine. I've touched-up or painted over plenty of models and haven't regretted saving the money.

If you go new I say full 10 man squads is the way to go. Eldar actually have to deal with psychology, and a 5 or 7 man squad runs away much faster then a 10 man one does. Dire avengers and Scorpions are excellent generalist units. I would get a 3 man bike squad with whatever points you have left and upgrade one to a cannon. I don't have my codex in front of me so I can't crunch the numbers, but if you can "afford it" a warwalker or a squad of guardians with a platform would also plump up your numbers and power...I'd take the guardians over the warwalker though.

In a small game having something hard (like the bikes and/or warwalker) and numbers will help. If your opponent has a vehicle you use the bikes to go for a rear armor shot, give your scorpion exarch the scorpion claw just in case, and if you could score a guardian unit and can squeeze the points take a spear-chucker warlock.

Good luck!
    Have fun,

Frank

"Orcs are what happens when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles grow old and bitter."

+ Reply to Thread