Army fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Army fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Army fluff

So i've been reading lots lately in GW black library and came across the Dark Eldar from Crimson Tears. I was thinking of at some point making a Dark Eldar army and using Kroot that a converted to represent slaves being herded into battle. I figure Kroot are perfect as they have 2 attacks a piece, but still have no real armor.

Last edited by MouseC112; December 28th, 2006 at 23:44.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

I love the idea of symbolizing slaves in a dark eldar army but the Kroot simply dont fit the role/sheme of the dark eldar, overall they are great units but I still think no matter how much conversion you put into them they will simple stay ... themselves.

If you are looking for slaves, guardsmen and orks could fit the sheme, especially if you model them with chains and whips coming out of their bodies like grotesques, or simple have some unarmored guardsmen holding dark eldar splinter pistols and swords. For that role, I think catachans will look perfect with a little conversion, like blood on their shirts, cuts on their hands, chains around their necks or coming out of their bodies. Also simple Ork slugga boys could fit the same role.

But Kroot? Its probably one of the last races you will EVER find allying with dark eldar, but then its house rules so technicaly you can do wutever you please dont let me stop you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

Perhaps to clarify

The idea is to use the Kroot rules and convert the slaves from Guardsman, Fantasy figures, etc
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

I like the idea a lot!

But, Kroot can Infiltrate, fire through forests, and eat the dead. How will the slaves copy this?
    2H - LEGIO HYDRA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoHats View Post
    I like the idea a lot!

But, Kroot can Infiltrate, fire through forests, and eat the dead. How will the slaves copy this?
    Well, you can alway argue with fluff --- Slaves aren´t always kept in locked cells, because the prospect of wandering through the DE City without a guide is the best goaler. Those slaves who where brave or desperate enough to leave there cells and explore the city would either have died or lerned the art of moving without being seen ... and should be really good at that ... well that they eat the dead? *shruggs* the are slaves, they get enough food not to die, but not enough to live *g* Only this shooting through forests is a bit tricky, but well ... this must be imperials from catachan or any other jungel or forest deathworld ... you don´t get by only relying on your sight when firering on threats (this guys could also be natural sneaks).

+ Reply to Thread