Spirit Walkers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spirit Walkers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spirit Walkers

With the new codex, I had the idea of making a Halie themed army. I read some fluff, and found out some mentioning of a Spirit Walker which was basicly the Harlie version of a Wraithlord. Now, since there is no model for it, I figured I'd make my own. One small problem though... What's look like?! I've read some fluff about it, but could find no mentioning of it's appearance.

I was wondering if anyone could show me a picture or discribe it's appearance. My guess would be a "dancing" Wraithlord. Or maybe an "image" of Slaanesh (But how does that look like?) since, if I'm not mistaken, Solitaire soul stones are used for them.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

I vaugly remeber reading rules for that thing actually. It came out with the mimes I think.

Anyway it isn't mine but see

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/eldar.html

Look towards the bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice link...

Great idea for using the Harlequin Jetbike Hood as a head for the Wraithlord... not sure how it would work on the new model... probably just as well if not better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK somewhere someone messed with this, I have the original articles.

Wraithlord, during the early days, were Eldar dreadnaughts (seriously, the model had not changed (until the current plastic one) since it first came out, the original articles have scmeatics showign an eldar curled up in a fetal possition, in the head)

slightly later, Spirit walkers and ghost walkers appeared, these coincided with the launch of imperial robots (castelan, conqueror etc)

The spirit walker was essentially an Eldar dreadnaught with a small, eldar helmet like, head on it, it was manned by the dead spirit of an eldar trapped in a spirit stone (sound familiar)

Ghost walkers were the same concept but smaller (again sound familiar?)

So spirit walkers as concepts, became wraithlord, although they used the Dreadnaught model

Ghost walkers as a concept became wraith guard

Harleys, actually appeared in the same compendiums (but different WDs) and can take dreadnaughts and bikes originally, as well as looted vehicles!

Therefore, the harlequin spirit walker = a wraithlord, same model

The only odd thing was Harlequin Dreadnaughts/wraithlord/spirit walkers could take D cannons (hohoho, now I have a machine gun!)

Accordingly there is no different model from GW since it is the same thing, BUT convention said, in the good old days, using the metal wraithlord model, replace the head with the canopy of the Harlequin bike, which was metal and had the face of the laughing god modeled in to it
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just cant believe I have never seen that before.. definately gonna give it a try myself!

Now I just have to find some cash and some MORE time to paint even more models (still have FAR to much to do as it is), and Ill get it done...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah, completely forgot about this.

I guess I could put the canopy of a Harlie bike on them, but I already have 6 bikes with the canopy in my army, and it may look a bit dull, though I could probably model it though...

Thing is... Solitaires don't belong to the Laughing God. They belong to Slaanesh. An image of the Laughing God represented in a spirit walker wouldn't exactly fit. And since the Solitaire plays the part of Slaanesh during life, it should probably look more like Slaanesh...
    Last edited by P4p3Rc1iP; January 4th, 2007 at 03:55.

Hope is the first step on the path to dissapointment. - Isador Akios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Solitares do not belong to Slaanesh. They worship the Laughing god the same as the other Harlies. Slaanesh is the sword enemy of the Harlie's and they fight a neverending battle against them. The problem is that Slaanesh wants the souls of solitare's more than anything else in the universe warp or otherwise. So when a solitare is slain the Laughing god Duels the Chaos god for the soul of the eldar. Problem is Slaanesh usually wins. Solitares take on the Role of SLaanesh in the plays as an Insult to the god not as a worship. Any Harlequin who worships or belongs to SLaanesh isnt a harlequin at all seeing as it goes against everything that they stand for.
    Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1104558

+ Reply to Thread