Help with starting orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with starting orks

I have recently just bought a box of boyz and 2 burna boyz. and this is what ive made them into.
    8 slugga boyz
    8 shoota boyz 2 with big shootas.

Now iam going to buy another box of boyz of course and my previous plan was to make to 18 man squads. 1 with 16 sluggas and 2 burnas and 1 with 15 shootas and 3 big shootas and my warboss as my Hq. However after reading forums most people say shootas aren;t worth the trouble so im just wonderin how to balnce out my other box of my i was thinking in the end having 24 slugga boyz 2 with burnas and 12 shoota boyz 3 with shootas. what do you think/???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sthelensliam View Post
    I have recently just bought a box of boyz and 2 burna boyz. and this is what ive made them into.
    8 slugga boyz
    8 shoota boyz 2 with big shootas.

Now iam going to buy another box of boyz of course and my previous plan was to make to 18 man squads. 1 with 16 sluggas and 2 burnas and 1 with 15 shootas and 3 big shootas and my warboss as my Hq. However after reading forums most people say shootas aren;t worth the trouble so im just wonderin how to balnce out my other box of my i was thinking in the end having 24 slugga boyz 2 with burnas and 12 shoota boyz 3 with shootas. what do you think/???
    Honestly...buy a couple of Wartrukks and make them into two units of 9 Trukkboyz (they are allowed burnas). They'll have a much greater survival rate than footsloggin' across 3' of table.
    SM Player to the SM Player facing my Orks: "Who, in their right mind, moves towards Orks, Hunh?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you have the money, and I understand if you don't, you should make a small army like this speed freeks, buy three wartrukks, then you can put your warboss and some "nobz" (just normal boyz with extra shoulder plates or something) in a trukk and have two squads of trukk boyz with a burna each.

trust me, my first list was exactly the one you said, and i never won. that could have been my fault but i think speed freeks wil maximise your chances.
    Total 40k: >5000pts
    total WFB: ~2000pts
    I also enjoy good music, fine food, late night strolls on the beach and dancing in moonkin form :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

I agree with the speed freaks idea... but you could also consider making the shoota's only a 6 man squard of 'ard boys by using all the extra armor bits or skar boys and just add a few battle lines and trophies here and there.

I am in the process of redoing all my shoota's into either 'ard or skars and just finished rebuilding an old unit of stikkbommas into sluggas. I think I stand a better chance if I can get 120 sluggas and a few beefier boys into the fight than I did trying to make a unit or two of covering fire shootas

+ Reply to Thread